This hotel was great, we were made to feel special by Anita Roihau who met us off the boat. We have to say that Anita went out of her way to help us. We upgraded to the overwater bungalow for the first 2 nights, and it was definitely worth it. All of the bar staff were very friendly as well, and even the manager, Didier stopped to say hello every time he saw us. The rooms were clean as expected, and the pool was good, if not the biggest pool, but there are lots of good snorkelling opportunities off the jetty. The location is good, with a couple of supermarkets close by. The only gripe we had was that the restaurant menu didn't change in all 7 days we were there. The food was good, but it would have been nice to vary the menu a little. The excursions offered are also very good, I recommend kite surfing and the Eco tour, which offers great opportunities to swim in the open sea with lemon sharks. Take a trip to Bloody Mary's restaurant, who pick up and drop off for free, and the meal is excellent. Overall we loved this hotel, and would definitely return. We even got a free bottle of expensive champagne....twice!! When we asked about it, we were just told not to ask any questions...we wouldn't be charged for it!! How's that for service. I've said it before, but the best hotel service we've ever seen was from Anita, she really excelled herself for us. Other thanks are for Fran, who tended to all our needs in the restaurant, Pipi at the bar, who makes great cocktails, and Tarou who is the most laid back guy you will ever meet. Thanks for making our holiday a great one, hope to see you again. Maruru.
Jamie & Fifi.....June 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora