I have now stayed at the Sofitel Bora Bora twice the first time was in 2007 for hour honeymoon, where we stayed in a overwater Bungalow for 14 nights, and again this past May for 14 nights.
Now let me explain why I say that overall the Sofitel Bora Bora is the finest hotel and resort in Bora Bora by a sizable margin.
1. Sofitel Bora Bora Over water Bungalow price range is $400 to $600 dollars depending on season. The Four Seasons and St, Regis range is $1250 to $4000 plus depending on view. Both the Four Seasons and St. Regis resorts have larger bungalows no question, but the Sofitel bungalows all have direct ocean views (not lagoons) and are more then big enough for a couple.
2. Sofitel Bora Bora is on the main Island of Bora Bora, which gives you access to shopping, grocery stores, and bike rental for going around the island, or to town, and many local restaurants. Both the Four Seasons and St. Regis are off island on Motu's and you need to wait 20 to 30 min's to catch a boat to the main island.
3. Sofitel food and beverage prices are far less then both the Four Seasons, and St. Regis test the Sofitel has a world-class restaurant and chief on its private island, which is easy to get to.
4. Overall better staff at Sofitel. The Sofitel has almost all locals working at the hotel whereas the Four Seasons and St. Regis have almost expats French expats. My wife and I Find the locals of Bora Bora give you a feel of family, make your stay special, and are expertly knowledgeable of the island and what it has to offer
5. Management staff. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world, not including every island worth staying at. The Sofitel Management is by far, the best. They treat you like you are their family. They planned all our events. Our wedding, tattoos dinner reservations, they bought us champagne 3 times, the manager a kind and wonderful man bought us dinner at their best restaurant. They gave us shirts, and even dress for my wife. As a example at the St. Regis where we had dinner at the famous Jean George (the Sofitel got us the reservation even though we did not stay at the hotel) the staff was kind friendly but treated us as any standard restaurant customer, even kicking us out of our table being we were their over a hour.
6. The Sofitel bungalows are large, and best of all, are 100% private!!!! No one can see you if your outside of your Bungalow topless or hanging out with little clothes. This was the most impressive part for us being at the Four seasons or St. Regis all the bungalows were right next to each other and you could see right in the next bungalows windows or deck, giving you no privacy! So if your honeymooners and want REAL privacy stay at the Bora Bora.
Summary: Look Bora Bora is expensive no question. So if you want a dream vacation and a 5 star resort without going broke, stay at the Bora Bora! By staying there you will save 70% on the room cost alone! Of course if you are a multimillionaire and like spending 30K on a 10-day vacation and you only stay at the four Seasons, or St. Regis, spend away! I am not a poor man, But I see the three hotels as being very similar yet the Sofitel is a 1/3 the cost!!!!
Please also note when in Tahiti ONLY stay at the intercontinental! It is by far the nicest hotel in Tahiti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Prestigia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora