My wife and I just spent three nights at the Sofitel Marara Beach Resort on Bora Bora. We booked the stay through Expedia but fell very lucky with the room which was an over-the-water bungalow in a quiet part of the resort. The views were exceptional as we looked out across the lagoon to the two private motu's about a mile or so away, one of which is also managed by Sofitel.
The resort staff are very friendly and helpful though the bar and restaurant service was a little slow at times (island time). The restaurant was a convenient choice with a good breakfast buffet but I don't recommend it for dinner. The menu was pretty unimaginative, the choice limited and the food pretty bland for what it was. There are much better restaurants nearby so do ask the staff for local recommendations.
The resort offers many different activities, both on land or at sea. As my wife and I are both keen snorkelers we opted for a 'full-day eco tour'. This consisted of a snorkeling trip to a local reef known as 'The Aquarium' where there is sea life aplenty to view, a stingray feeding experience and an outer reef shark experience. All a great deal of fun. After these aqua adventures we headed to a quiet motu for a locally cooked lunch which was delicious and lessons on how to get the best out of a coconut and also several different ways to wear a pareo (sarong) as worn by the locals. The tour guide/boat captain was excellent and kept us all fully engaged for the day's activities.
Plenty to do here and I can highly recommend this resort for couples, friends, familes, anyone really. You can get away from it all and just relax or opt for some of the resort activities to compliment your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora