Travelled with my wife and daughter in September and we were just blown away with the beauty of Bora Bora's sea. Note not many travellers go to Bora Bora with a 4 year girl, but we had our prepared for this adventure and she was ready to snorkel.
The Sofitel did an excellent job in all categories.
Grounds were well kept and beautiful, The OTW Bungalow we had was on the Motu which made your getaway different and memorable. I almost wouldn't recommend staying in Bora Bora unless you are in an OTW Bungalow. We stayed half the time in Sofitel and the second half in Hilton. Both had their own unique charm and flare. As we arrived, they welcomed us with Exotic juices and the utmost respect. Sincerely made us feel like special guest. Our room was situated on top a little reef which made the snorkeling off the porch fun. There was an eel underneath our room. On the Motu there is a short 2 minute walk to the top to look at the sunset. We tried but just missed it, but still enjoyed the breath taking views.
Food category, we tried the poolside bar/restaurant which was excellent. The Panini's are amazing. As for dinner, I highly recommend Bloody Mary's. If you tell the concierge, they will set reservations and have a free shuttle pick you up and bring you back to the hotel. It worked out perfect and will give you a different experience then the hotel restuarants.
Service was good. The staff does appreciate you and has good service, but keep in mind you are guest to the polynesians. Understand this islands culture. Greet everyone with a Yorana and a smile they will welcome you even further and treat you with geniuine hospitality.
Kids Club.. The Ocean is the kids club. Bora Bora isn't really a kid friendly place, but ours had a blast with snorkeling and the infiniti pool and also Kayaking with Daddy. They may get bored if you don't plan accordingly and set the right expectations. Remember, there is a very low chance for them to find somebody else their age to play with.
Bora Bora is very expensive. Everything is way over priced. So set the right expectations. We knew this so we planned accordingly. Highly Highly Highly recommend the NONO Tours. This is almost a full day event. Take you on a boat (with live music on the boat and it is covered so you have shade) to swim with Sharks, At the Coral Gardens with tons of fish and eel, then off to a Motu for a traditional lunch and dance lesson; Teach you how to cut coconuts, and finally swim with sting rays.. Sounds spooky to some, but simply put, my 4 year old and my wife (who is terrified by sharks) did all of it with out any hesitation and they loved it.... well maybe the stingrays scared them a bit, but they it is so much fun and a once in a life experience. Give it a try. I also took a day to go Scuba Diving with Bathy's Scuba.. AWESOME Staff and facility. Loved it..
Other recommendation, that I don't think many others do is try a couple of resorts while on Bora Bora. There are a few different ones to choose from with OTW bungalows. We experienced 4 resorts and each one had its own character. IF you plan on staying there for more than 10 nights I recommend trying at least 2 resorts and it will be like going on 2 vacations in a way. The SPA at Coral Beach Resort is amazing. The Turtle feeding and lagoon at Le Meridean is unique and different as well.
Finally, We did circle Bora Bora island. Not much to write about. very poor island in my opinion with nothing much to see. The Bloody Mary's restaurant was fun and memorable and the food was AMAZING there. Highly recommend it. The main town was not impressive, but if you go, try the Aloe cafe in town. Decent food. Again, if you go with family or kids. Set all the right expectations and you will love it. We got back just a few days ago and looking back on the pics, it makes you have a whole different appreciation for the ocean and sea. Almost as if the colors and sea was sureal at the time, but looking at them again, just makes it feel like WOW was that real.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Prestigia, ACCOR, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora