“private paradise on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Heaven Island
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Motu Paahi Faanui, French Polynesia   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
florida
“private paradise on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just returned from BLUE HEAVEN. Stayed for 3 amazing nights with my 2 kids ages 14 and 4. We absolutely loved it!! Felt like we were Robinson Crusoe with all the natural beauty surrounding you. Loved the beautiful sunsets and star gazing on the 2 story deck. We all enjoyed kayaking and snorkeling in the crystal blue waters! I mentioned that I was not comfortable snorkeling so Monique took me on a personalized tour of the lagoon.... After that I snorkeled for hours. This is a wonderful place to come if you want to get away from it all and take in the beauty of mother nature. The most delicious and fresh poisson cru we had was here....Eli demonstrated how it is made. We even helped him crack and shred the coconuts to make the coconut milk...it was so much fun! Then for dessert the kids loved the homemade crepes Eli made! The bungalow was very rustic and cozy...it was soothing to hear the rain falling on the bungalows roof when it rained. Eli and Monique adorable dog Etoile would sleep at our doorstep everynight...it was so cute! We had been way from home for a while and my 14 year old was missing playing his guitar so Eli made a special day for him and they jammed together it was awesome! We wish we could have stayed longer it was the most fun time of our vacation in Bora Bora. We are looking forward to returning for a longer stay next year! Eli really shows you had to enjoy life....Thank you for the wonderful hospitality and showing me how to appreciate "the moment"!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just returned from a glorious 5 night stay at this gem of a place in Bora Bora. We had an amazing time. Monique and Eli couldn't have been more pleasant, fun, informative, welcoming and lovely. From the moment they picked us up at the airport, we knew we were in for the stay of a lifetime. Every morning Monique took us on a wonderfully personalized snorkeling trip, and the rest of the day was filled with delicious food, wonderful talks, beautiful sunsets and laughter. We happened to be there during our son's 7th birthday and they went out of their way to make him feel special with his favorite cake (Chocolate) and a special present. It was just splendid!! If you get the chance you must visit. Everything about the place and our two hosts was just wonderful! We are working on trying to convince some friends of ours to join us next year for a much longer stay!! Thanks Monique and Eli for the most fun time we've ever had and we can't wait to see you guys again!! Fingers crossed for next summer!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in Blue Heaven Island for three nights.
It is a real paradise. Few bungalows among the coconut trees on a private motu, just in front of a coral garden.
The owner is really a funny guy, it was very nice when he had a kind of jam session playing guitar with amother guest at the sunset.
I had really good time and I would go back but I still think that is overpriced. No one took care of the bungalow during our staying that means no change of towels, no removal of trash. The food was ok but not so special. Anyway the price is quite normal for a place like Bora Bora and I like more this kind of place than a crowded resort.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my first review but I felt that Blue Heaven Island warranted me letting you all know how wonderful it was. We stayed there in October for 4 nights, initially we were only meant to stay for 3 nights but extended it to 4 after the first day. I was dubious about staying here as it was near the airport and it did not have beach huts over the water you see in all the pictures, like the resorts do. But none of that mattered once we met Elie. He took us to his little slice of heaven.

You arrive from the airport in his boat to be greeted by Tupuna and Etoile, two of the most docile and kind dogs that I have ever met, who love the water and the people. There is a little beach beside the jetty and you wander through the garden to your bungalow. It is clean and has it's own bathroom. It's not luxurious like a five star property, but it's comfortable and clean.

The highlight for me was the fact that you could jump off the breakfast area into the water, to be immediately surrounded by the most amazing sea life of fish, sea slugs, wrays and coloured clams. I'm not one who is known for getting my hair wet but I was in the water most of the time, either swimming, kayaking or just enjoying the serenity of it all. We spent our evenings overlooking the water with drinks, while Eli and another guest seranaded us as the sun set.

I loved Blue Heaven Island for all these reasons and more, but it is Elie who makes you feel like you are at home. He is a wonderful host, who took us into his home and welcomed us like we were long lost friends.

I was sorry to leave, and I have to admit that we didn't encounter anywhere as perfect as this in either Tahiti or Moorea. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Especially for those who want their own desert island but want the option to travel to the mainland and meet other people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Blue Heaven in April 2011 for our honeymoon for 4 nights and it truly is a slice of rustic paradise.
After staying at the Sofitel private island resort, we thought that staying here might be a a risk but it wasnt, it was the highlight of our honeymoon.From the moment Eli met us at the airport we knew we were in for a real treat.

He is one of the most entertaining and enchanting hosts we have come across on our travels. Monique is equally charming and you couldnt ask for greater hospitality, they made us feel part of the family.

It is a secluded island without access to the mainland unless on a tour but that is what appealed to us about it. We pretty much had the whole island to ourselves and even walking around it saw some great wildlife including a lemon shark. Eli also made sure we were introduced to the local wildlife including an eel, turtle and sea cucumber, snorkelling with us. Blue Heaven is right next to a coral garden that people pay hundreds of dollars to travel to for boat tours for a short time and we had unlimited access to it. We also used the kayaks and snorkelling equipment. The beach was beautiful and we had a nice relaxing time in the beach lounges.

True the bungalows are basic and you do need to put toilet paper in the basket but I wasnt expecting a 5 star resort for $250/night when you consider that the 5 star hotels can be up to $1000 a night. I also support using lots of mosquito spray but we didnt spend much time in our bungalow, preferring to use the communal lounge area, deck or beach lounge chair area.
We thought the food was great, having full board, and I dont even like seafood but Eli and Monique made sure there was plenty to eat. My husband loves cooking and Eli was highly entertaining in engaging my husband in the cooking ( and drinking) process.

Eli and Monique's hospitality make the Blue Heaven Island stay more of an experience than just an accommodation stop and this particularly notable as the customer service is generally not of a high quality in Bora Bora. In comparing it to Hawaii, you dont have the same aloha spirit from people in general in Bora Bora but Eli and Monique bring their unique Blue Heaven spirit which is just as magical.
We would love to return again one day but it really was a once in a lifetime trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
EliedeBora, Owner at Blue Heaven Island, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
iorana thank you so much for your review we did appriciate you very much and hope you will keep a beautifull memorie of this time spend with us ....mauruuru elie &monique
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While on a surfing trip to Tahiti last September my boyfriend and I planned a spur of the moment trip to Bora Bora for 3 nights. We could never afford to stay at one of those high end resorts, nor would we really want to, so when we read that blue heaven island was an eco resort, we knew it would be perfect for us! Those three days were the most amazing time of my life. Ellie was such a sweet person, I wasn't feeling well the first day we arrived and he was very concerned and offered many things to help me to feel better. Luckily I felt better before sunrise the next morning and my boyfriend and I took the opportunity to walk around the island and photograph the sunrise. That was a start to the most beautiful day! Before breakfast we took the kayaks that are there for lend out and had the joy of having Tapuna (the sweetest white dog) as our co-captian! Our breakfast was always incredible and Ellie accepted our offer to join us, he was great company. Stories and jokes were shared over a leisurely coffee. He was aware, and didn't want to impose on out romantic getaway, but we never minded his company, and actually ended up making great friends with him. Blue Heaven Island was completely perfect for our weekend stay, the accommodations, food and company was everything we could have asked for. The snorkeling is stunning, and the views are incomparable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The 6 days we spent in Blue Heaven Island was the best time we ever had!
We were looking for a place different from a standard hotel, we´re you´re just one more in a bunch of rooms and WE FOUND SUCH A DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE PLACE!
We read some reviews here, so when we saw Ellie waiting for us with his smile and nice look, all in white we felt those were going to be great vacations... And they were :)
He took us in his boat directly to the motu. In the way he let us know we were the only guests in the island, ¡A heavenly island just for us! This sounded good from the start and it was really good.
There in the Island every thing was in perfect shape...
The first thing I must said is that Ellie made everything he could to make us happy. Every morning he had plenty of fruits and juice for us, also bread and jam. Because I let him know I loved mangos we had a lot of them every morning for me, so I ate soooo much. Then for lunch we offer you some light food if you want as fish and salad or something like that, he also delighted us with nice desserts as a Banana flambe we made for us which I loved (don´t forget to ask for it!!). Then for dinner the will ask you about your preferences so you´re happy :) For example the first day in a conversation I let him know I loved shrimps so I had them next day... Food a la carte.
The bungalow (were 5 of them, in the garden with lagoon view) was clean and nice, with no luxury, but for us that like nature and simple life was perfect. The bed was inside a mosquito net, so we were carefull and kept mosquitos out of bed. It´s true there are mosquitos around. We used a lot of repellent on us and fired some special thing that Ellie had in every room... a recomendationm might be to take a repellent with you.. also is better to go for dinner with long thin pants and a long t-shirt, at least worked for me). The room had a big closet, a good table and nice and clean bathroom with a big shower with rain water (what we didn´t noticed and we even brushed our teeth with it...). The lights were also from a natural source (solar) and we never had a problem (we charged every night the camara and tablet and worked well).
The beach was really really nice... with nice white sand. The lagoon in this side is full of coral and fishes, my husband spent hours and hours snorkeling... it was so beutifull so see fishes around you... You could use the snorkel masks for free as much as you want and aslo the kayaks tahat were great to go around to the deep or go to see the sunset. Ellie is also working on an "aquarium" in the beach which I´m sure will be great (it´s already)...
We also had a great time with Tupuna (who loved kayaking with us) and vagabund, the nice and friendly dogs.
For us choosing the Island for our Honey moon was the best thing we did, so romantic, special and unique... an experience to remember for ever. Also important to say that Ellie with his personality made every day special and made us laugh a lot.
We recommend this place to everybody who loves nature and simple and real life and wants to live an unique and awesome experience ... You´ll not regret to go here :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EliedeBora, Owner at Blue Heaven Island, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
la iorana elie is writing thank you very much for this beautiful report you were so nice .and so lovely i hope you will come to enjoy again best to both of you

Been to Blue Heaven Island? Share your experiences!