“incredible!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 36 restaurants in Bora Bora
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Titaua and Laurent are pleased to welcome you to Kaina Hut and invite you to discover more about their gourmet restaurant and slate.
Channahon, Illinois
“incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On our honeymoon we ate here for New Year's eve and it was incredible. It is the cutest and quaintest place I have been! I LOVE that the floor is all sand, keeps me in the mood of being on the beach on the South Pacific. The food was amazing, honestly one of THE BEST meals I have ever had! I had the shrimp and risotto and my husband and the red tuna (which neither of us ever had before and we were hooked after that!) The bartender when we walked in was also apparently their chef (which was pretty cool I think!) He was an amazing chef! I would HIGHLY suggest this place to anyone, the hospitality, food, environment and staff especially truly made it a night to remember!

• Visited December 2012

85% Recommend
Eureka, California
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Kaina Hut had decent food but when we were there the sand floor was INFESTED with biting sand fleas of some sort. Not sure what they were exactly but we were miserable. Normally in BoraBora slow service is a great thing but on this occasion we just wanted our food and to get out of dodge. 2 hours later we made it.

All that said, the building is beautiful and I could see this normally being a great spot to dine.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Hospitality/Ambiance/Great Food/Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Starting from a warm personal welcome from hostess Titaua and ending with a post dessert greeting from her Corsican chef husband, Laurent, the personal connection with Kaina is ever-present and completely memorable. For ambiance, imagine a high gabled, open-air thatched roof hut, sand between the toes, mother-of-pearl ornamentation, comfortable seats and floral bouquets - the only enhancement would be location directly on the beach (which is only across the street). Food was superb start to finish - largely French/Continental inspired - but with a perfect Polynesian flair/overlay. Presentation was lovely, ingredients high quality and taste absolutely delicious. Value was among the best in the islands at ~$60pp including shared apps, cocktails and plenty of high quality French wine and desert. All things considered, the Bora Kaina Hut was the best dining experience for the money during our 8 day stay that included some of the finer establishments in French Polynesia. This young couple, who took the risk, signed a lease and reopened the restaurant in Oct 2012, deserves the whole-hearted support of international and local foodies and romantics. Don't miss this one.

Hudson, WI
“slice of bora bora culinary heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we LOVED our dining experience at the Bora Kaina Hut. LOVELY couple that own the restaurant and the setting was delightful {think bloody mary's...but more upscale!} and the bruchetta was amazing! and my husband's prime rib was the largest cut of meat we've ever seen! delish! please go....really and truly, you will not be sad you did!

Misawa, Japan
“Whoa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went to Bora Kaina Hut this evening with my wife and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. From top-to-bottom the Bora Kaina Hut is a fantastic restaurant. We showed up to the restaurant right around sunset and had a seat at the bar for a few drinks. The Chef offered us a bottle of mosquito-repellent to keep the mosquitos at bay which is far above and beyond "normal" service.
We sat down to eat impressed with their service and generosity and the impression only got better with the food. For an appetizer we had the tomato & bacon bruschetta which was the best bruschetta I have ever tasted. Then, I ordered a seared tuna steak for my meal and my wife had a chicken cooked in prunes and almonds. It was delicious! Then we ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert and my wife nearly chopped my hand off because she wanted to eat the entire thing herself. Overall, it was an outstanding meal and some great service from a fantastic little restaurant.
We ate at Bloody Marys last night and to be honest if you knew nothing about either restaurant and you were to judge based on food and service alone, we'd choose Bora Kaina Hut without question. I don't mean to say Bloody Marys is sub-par. It's not. You'll have a good meal and good service there for sure. Boar Kaina Hut beats it. Hands down.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere