“Fun lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Fun lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I were not planning to make the trip to Bloody Mary's but it rained one day so we ended up going for lunch with another couple from out hotel. We had a lot of fun, it was a good, relaxed atmosphere, and the food was pretty typical for the island. The drinks were good and cheaper than our hotel. It's definitely a fun experience but not a must do.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Fun place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Best thing about this place is the decor - so cheesy but so much fun! Good & cheap food (compared to hotel prices!) and the service is quick!

Visited November 2013
NJ
“Nothing special!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Because the names of the rich and famous were written outside the entrance, does not make Bloody Mary a good restaurant. The fish were displayed by the reception desk, the lady by the fish display had us wait by the display because a couple walked in so that she did not have to explain again. The young couple who just walked in asked the lady to convert how much are the prices in dollars. We had to wait and hear the other couple complained about the price. We waited patiently. We were seated inside but mosquitoes were biting me. Luckily I bought my own deet spray. The service was so so, the food maybe fresh but nothing special. My husband ordered a Bloody Mary , it was not spicey nor there was not much alcohol. I tasted it, was like sipping tomato juice. The plates and utensils were from Salvation Army. Functional but needs to be donated. I am serious! Nothing special! They pick you up and take you back to your hotel or dock. Just sharing our experience, form your own conclusion!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Best Birthday Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

What can I say that already hasn't been said about this super fantastic place! Make sure you make a reservation! The food is fresh fabulous delicious and served by the friendliest staff and presented in the most enticing and mouth watering way. I say down day dreaming about my meal. No, I did not have the Bloody Mary. I'm not a fan but the Mai tai was very good and of course the Tahitian beer -- you can't go wrong (and I'm not a beer drinker at home). All in all our group of 8 was not disappointed and very happy we had the chance to experience this restaurant. And of course celebrate my bday there!

Chicago, Illinois
“If it's on your bucket list...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stopped at Bloody Mary's after visiting Matira beach. The scenery is pleasant enough, however, the restaurant wasn't open (about 3:00), and the bar was completely filled. We waited very patiently to order a signature Bloody Mary, and eventually we were waited on. We were a bit surprised at the cost--$20! Oh well, when in Bora Bora... There really wasn’t anywhere to sit, and it was a bit crowded. There was a small souvenir booth at the entrance with a limited supply of Bloody Mary’s items, but these were quite expensive. $40 for a polo-type of shirt. With all the celebrities noted at the entrance, I guess we got to see what the big deal was--a check on the bucket list for us.

• Visited November 2013