“Great place to get away from hotel restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Good for: Bar scene
“Great place to get away from hotel restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

One interesting thing about this place - it is send floor. So girls, don't wear fancy high hill shoes, as you won't need them. They serve hibachi type food. The menu is not huge, but the food was delicious.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Barbara, California
“Touristy, pricy, food so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having said that, it's where everyone goes when on Bora Bora, and my sweetie wanted to see it, having watched the South Pacific musical with the Bloody Mary role in it.

I liked the menu concept whereby you order as you walk in past the food display and pointing at what you want. I was going to have the tuna, but saw the beef for less money so we both got it instead. A mistake, the New Zealand beef just isn't the same as what we're used to here in the U.S. So the lesson is, don't go to a South Pacific island and order imported beef, get the seafood instead ;-)

Atmosphere was what you pay for, I guess - sand floor, stumps for seats. Had a crab crawl across my foot during dinner. Service was slow, the young lady serving us acted as if she wanted to be anywhere but there. She did brighten up when I gave her a tip. Loud party at a nearby table pretty much drowned out any conversation.

I've now led a full life - where else could I have gone and known that Stephen Stills, Phil Jackson, John Elway, and Christina Applegate had preceeded me!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Quaint, but would have been okay to miss out on this one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

So, this is one of those places they say you HAVE to visit if you go to Bora Bora. We would have been okay with saving our very precious time and skipping this spot.

To be fair, we went for lunch, and they say dinner is the main attraction. If you're not able to go for the fresh catch dinner then I wouldn't bother with the trip. The food is not great.

It is nice to have your feet in the sand while you eat.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Worth going”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you're on the main island while staying in Bora Bora, I would recommend going to this restaurant. It is tons of fun and a tourist spot--so why not?

The food is fairly priced to Bora Bora standards and if you are a fan of fish--you will love this place!

Our only complaints would be that our seats were not leveled at all since the entire floor is covered in sand... so I thought I would topple over at times which is not a typical experience I like to have while enjoying dinner.

The food came pretty fast, although it was very busy. Definitely make reservations!!!

And there are many fun aspects to the restaurant you'll enjoy: the interesting washrooms, the memoirs of bills on a wall, the list of celebrities who've been to Bloody Mary's, etc.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“They saw us coming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were in Bora Bora yesterday leaving the Sea Princess for a half day excursion. It's a lovely island and the people are magnificent but our day trip finished with a brief visit to Bloody Mary's. It was a huge disappointment and a fellow passenger paid US$19 for a Pina Colada in a plastic cup. She queried the price politely but the female server was adamant that the price was correct. Others paid different prices for a Bloody Mary and it was difficult to get your change. Several orders were taken at once and the staff didn't seem to have much idea as to who wanted what. Their good reputation took a real beating with the 43 passengers on our tour.

• Visited September 2013