We stayed one night during a two week Alaskan trip. We booked this property based on good reviews and were not disappointed.
Our room had a queen sized bed. The rooms were SPOTLESS. It has a nice homey feeling with regular toilet paper, paper towels & tissues! None of the cheap hotel quality! Features included an electric fireplace, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, dvd player (they will lend you free dvds). There was tea, hot chocolate and coffee free of charge. There was a nice sitting area with a sofa, and a dining table with chairs. The satellite TV reception was spotty, but who comes to Alaska to watch TV?
The porch had a nice rocking bench where you could sit and relax.
While the train runs right behind the property, I didn't hear the whistle although my spouse did. I wouldn't let that deter you from booking the property. The location also had fabulous views of Mt. Denali.
The location was convenient walking distance to town, but may be a few steps too far to walk for some. We drove to town as there is ample parking there.
The hosts, Don & Mavis were very accommodating. We would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend Denali Fireside.
- Also Known As:
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel
- Denali Fireside Cabins And Suites
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel Talkeetna
- Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites Talkeetna, Alaska
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denali Fireside is a new facility in Talkeetna offering suites or cabins that comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. Features include pillow top king and queen beds, kitchenettes (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee brewer, bar sink) gas fireplaces, satellite HDTVs, wireless internet and private covered deckswith log gliders. The structures are log/frame and the interiors are decorated in Alaskana decor, including cozy hand sewn quilts. New for 2010 - Our "Little Cabin in the Woods" located on 5 acres beside a small spring-fed pond, 3 miles from our lodge in Talkeetna. ... more less