“A once in a lifetime experience” 5 of 5 stars

$221*
and up
Ranked #1 of 28 Activities in Talkeetna
More attraction details
Owner description: TAT is the #1 choice of Alaska visitors for glacier landings on Mt. McKinley in Denali National Park. See Denali up close and personal by air or view Mt. McKinley year-round on our live webcam! Trip prices range from $205 - $410 per person.The Beauty here is unbelievable.
Lake Jackson, Texas
“A once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The flight over Denali National Park was wonderful, and the highlight of our trip to Alaska. Since I tend to suffer from motion sickness, I was worried about stability/turbulence. Absolutely no problem! Be sure to do the glacier landing; you will not believe his warm it is on the glacier.

Visited August 2014

Florida
“Highlight of our 16 day Alaska trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We booked with Talkeetna Air Taxi based on the recommendation of our tour agent Colette of Rainbow Mountain Adventures and we were amazed. This experience was not only the highlight of our trip, it was one of my greatest experiences of all time! We were on the last flight of the day and the weather had been iffy. Most of the flights were not able to land on the glacier that day and we almost rebooked for the next morning. The wonderful staffed talked us in to taking the flight and WOW, what an experience! The flight up to and around Denali was awe-inspiring, we saw all of the glaciers and Chris, our pilot, pointed out the trail that the climbers use and much more. I assumed we would have to return to the airport, but instead we landed on Thunder glacier, miles of virgin snow, not one track or footprint. As we all stood and absorbed the gorgeous sights and listened to the glaciers sounding in the distance, all was right with the world! Everyone on board including Chris was ecstatic! This very professional company goes out of their way to satisfy customers while still being safe. As anyone who has traveled around Alaska knows (and we quickly learned) you can always predict that the weather will be unpredictable. If you ever get a chance take this once in a lifetime flight, it is a must do!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

we were not able to do the landing on a glacier, due to fog and low cloud cover. The views and experience was still Fantastic! We did get above the clouds and got to see Denali, below the clouds we saw glaciers, and Mtn sides.. beautiful. The pilot was very good, he tried to find spots for us to get our glacier landing in, but the weather wasn't with us...

11 attraction reviews
“Meh....it's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

First of all, I believe this would be an amazing tour if the weather was good. If the weather has the mountains socked in, it would be an OK tour if you have never been on or seen a glacier. I have both hiked on and flown over a glacier before, so this tour was pretty average and not worth the full price (there's no weather discount, even though you only see a smaller portion of the scenery). If there is weather, all you see are glaciers and small mountains (the 7k-9k kind). Really the only reason why I came here was to see Denali, I was hoping for just a glimpse- maybe the bottom half, or bottom third, or middle third, or top 1/8, or even middle 1/10- saw nothing at all....On another note the pilot was nice. The guy he let sit co-pilot was cursing over the microphone, I couldn't stand it so I had to take off my headset- I probably missed some good narration. TAT, please spare me the cookie cutter weather notice reply, I've seen them on the other reviews, thanks.

Visited August 2014
TalkeetnaAirTaxi, Owner at Talkeetna Air Taxi, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Travelers who take our flight tours of Denali have a wide range of expectations- yours were very specific and dependent on weather with a higher ceiling. You came to our office multiple times to check weather and were given consistent information from pilot reports that views were up to 10,000 ft. We also showed what would be seen on a relief map of Denali Park. We offered you the option of canceling or rescheduling the flight with no charge. The pilot extended the flight 15 minutes in other areas to see if McKinley was visible. If you return we do hope you get a chance to see Denali!
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Best excursion of our Alaska trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My parents, husband and 7-year-old daughter enjoyed the McKinley Base Camp tour with Glacier landing on July 18, 2014 and it was by far our favorite excursion of our 2-week Alaska vacation. The weather was cloudy that day and the office staff was upfront with us and said we may not be able to land on a glacier. Once we boarded the plane we could tell that our pilot, Chris, was going to do everything possible to ensure a safe glacier landing. He was in constant contact with the other pilots to evaluate the current conditions. Sure enough we were able to land on a glacier and had an amazing time. The views of Mt. McKinley up close were unforgettable. Would highly recommend Talkeetna Air Taxi. I should also mention that we were on a Princess Cruise trip and I was able to save about $100 a ticket by booking directly through Talkeetna over the pricing for the Princess tour. Be sure to check the "Specials" tab on the web site.