Let me try to peak your interest in the Susitna River Lodge. First of all our room was in the main lodge, just off the main room. It was wonderful with a private balcony overlooking the river. There are also larger family cabins on the property. Howard and Darlene were exceptional inn keepers. Every detail was anticipated and supplied. The Susitna River is just beyond their back yard. The train station and town are only minutes away, and transportation is provided for those without a car. This is a perfect layover from the train between Denali and Anchorage.
Darlene has some incredibly amazing stories about her early life in Alaska, and specifically when she was living in "the bush" on a remote island in South-West Alaska with her three daughters. No cars! No stores! No running water! Get the picture? Too much to go over here, but ask her about it when you see her.
- Also Known As:
- Susitna River Lodging Hotel
- Susitna River Lodging Hotel Talkeetna
- Susitna River Lodging Talkeetna, Alaska
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Susitna River Lodging....where the rivers and mountains meet. 13.5 mile Talkeetna Spur Road. Private cabins, deluxe suites, river and mountain views. 5 minute walk to historic Talkeetna. Open year round. 2 hours from Anchorage and 2 1/2 hours from Denali National Park. New unbelievable playground across the street. Two pet friendly cabins. All accommodations include full baths and kitchenettes. BBQ grills and supplies provided. We accept all major credit cards. Military discounts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Susitna River Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.