“Great fun, entertaining locals, fantastic food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Casual lunch and dinner dining. Large deck overlooking central downtown. Bar and inside seating. Filled with Alaska memorabilia. Alaskan beers on Tap. FRESH Alaska seafood including Halibut, Pacific Salmon, Rock Snapper. Daily Special on Alaska Red King Crab. Great 1/2# Natural Angus Burgers. Housemade desserts and soups. Seafood chowder and Caribou chili made daily. Open late 7 days/week during summer.
Lithia, Florida
“Great fun, entertaining locals, fantastic food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped by on a rainy day in June. It was highly recommended by the local folks at Denali Brewery for king crab legs. The crab was the best we had at a terrific price. The halibut was fantastic an so was the slaw. The MOST fun though was via the very entertaining and friendly locals. We didn't want to leave! Didn't even mind the rain!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Sewards Folley Too Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after our flight-seeing tour with K2. I was determined to try the Sewards Folly burger even after hearing the cost ($38). We ate inside and our service was a bit slow but we were not in a hurry. My pound of fries came out first. They were very good but I only had a few to save room for the burger. I only had water so I didn't get filled up on beer or soda. The burger looked great when it came out to our table. Some ladies near us even took a picture because they had seen it on Man V Food. I tried a strategy of taking one of the caribou burgers with some surrounding tomatoes and cheese and was able to finish the first one easily. The caribou meat was very dense and I wasn't crazy about the taste but I kept going. I put aside much of the bread and bacon and proceeded to the other burger with some lettuce, tomato, and sauce. After about a half hour, I started to slow down and gave up the fight after about 40 minutes. The waitress said that this sandwich can feed four people and I believe it! I only got through about a third of it and will not try it again. It was in interesting place to visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Wife was not pleased!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Me and my wife visited the West Rib on the recommendation of the bus driver from Princess Cruise lines. We had spent the day walking around and were very hungry. The outside area was full so we sat inside and it took some time before a waiter came around. When he did he was attentive and helpful. We ordered the Halibut and chips and the Halibut tacos. My Tacos were OK nothing to write home about. My wife had me taste her fish and chips and the fish when you bit into it the grease ran out of it and tasted like very old grease. She ate most of it but didn't finish it all. It took a while to try and... Read more » get our bill and as we left we walked past the outdoor kitchen where our food was prepared and it was dirty and disgusting. My wife can be very sensitive to greasy foods and low and behold about an hour later when waiting for a jet boat tour she had to use a rest room. If you have ever been in this town they are not readily available. She didn't make it!!! If you know what I mean. We had not eaten all day and this had to be the cause. Thanks for ruining our day with this very embarrassing situation!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great outdoor serving area. Quick service and good food at reasonable cost. Of course, the weather was perfect for outdoor eating that day, they also have indoor eating areas.

Visited May 2014
del mar, ca
“They'll cook your salmon for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

They cooked the salmon we had caught earlier that day. The included all the sides. It was by far our best meal in Alaska. The chef really knows how to grill salmon. Super friendly, funky place. Really enjoyed it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere