“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

+1 541-306-7370
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering Great Fishing & Rafting Adventures out of Talkeetna Alaska. We offer Half & Full Day options for both Fishing & scenic Rafting. For the true Alaska experience join us on one our fully guided overnight river trips!
Los Angeles, California
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've gone on several float-trips with Dave over the last few years, most recently an eight-day float on the Tal. Dave and Skip took care of everything- setting up and breaking camp each day and preparing delicious meals. Of course, we caught lots of big, beautiful rainbows and quite a few coho. I've fished Alaska for over 20 years- from high-end lodges to solo wilderness drop-offs, and a lot in between. I'm comfortable in the wilderness and a very competent fisherman. There is no other guide I'd rather be on the river with than Dave. He's fun, friendly, easy-going, extremely knowledgable, and a fine fishermen, outdoorsmen, and oarsmen- all important qualities for a guide to have, especially on a multi-day trip. He's also been very patient and kind with my 12 year old son on earlier one-day trips. Very adaptable to client's abilities.

Visited August 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Anchorage, Alaska
“Day Float/Fish Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend and I did an all day float/fish trip and had a great experience! It was very easy to reserve, and the day was great as was our guide Mike. They have lots of knowledge and experience fishing in AK. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone whether they are a first time fisherman or have been fishing for years.

Visited August 2013
Johnsburg
“Big trout. Good fun. Great guide. And salmon too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I've fished with Dave for 9 years. I've done week long trips with him, multi-day day-trip with him and most recently, a single day trip with him.
On our most recent full day fishing trip we decided to target Alaska's famous rainbow trout. Dave picked us up where we was staying in talkeetna and drove us to a nearby river where we put the framed raft in the water to start our day. Dave supplied us with all the gear I needed to get out there and wet a line (except a fishing license).
Almost immediately it became apparent that we would have a great day on the water as Dave stopped at hole after hole of trout holding water. By the time we ended our day, my arm was tired from catching bow after bow.
Dave knew the river, the fish, the flies and how to treat a client. He fed us lunch and had us home for dinner.

Visited July 2013

Been to Dave Fish Alaska? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dave Fish Alaska, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.