Rooms are entirely adequate, clean, etc, and on a clear day the view would be lovely, but we checked in behind a busload of tour guests and felt like we were in the way or an inconvenience to every staff member we met - front desk, bartender, wait staff... Lobby wasnt as grand as web page suggests but nice enough. Nothing really bad but hard to justify price for the experience.
Talkeetna is a trippy little town - and not sure where to recommend for alternate accomodations - so a visit is worth the drive. Wish the hotel felt like character and charm (or service) was worth the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge above the small community of Talkeetna on the south side of Mt. McKinley, our lodge offers unforgettable views of Mt. McKinley and the Alaska Range, yet we are just minutes from adventures of a lifetime. Enjoy the view as you relax next to our 46-foot river rock fireplace or shop for Native art from villages across Alaska. Enjoy casual or fine dining featuring Alaska specialties and the best wine selection in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Alaskan Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge Alaska