“Spur of the moment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phantom-Tri River Charters

Phantom-Tri River Charters
22228 Talkeetna Spur Rd, Talkeetna, AK 99676 (Formerly Phantom Salmon Charters)
+1 907-733-2400
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Spur of the moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had been waiting my entire adult life to return to Alaska to see the sights and fish those famous waters again. It finally all came together and my wonderful wife planned an adventure for us to take in as much of Alaska that we could fit into out 17 day schedule. When we arrived in Talkeetna on our first day we were greeted by an music festival and, oh by the way some musicians were getting married after their set so we were all invited. What a quirky, funky laid back town. The next day we were supposed to take a flight seeing trip to Denali but we got cancelled due to weather. After doing some local sightseeing my wife turns to me and says why don't you go fishing? What was I supposed to say....no? Of course I said ok and we found our way to Phantom Charters. Let me just say that they made sure that I had everything I needed before we headed to the boat landing. There I met the guide, Cameron and we hit it off very well. He is such a likable young man. He was going through the gear making sure that everything was ready to while we waited for the other clients to show up. The trip up the river was fascinating and I was impressed by all the natural beauty of the area. I felt completely at ease with Cameron's piloting of the boat as he was glued to the river and his gauges. He didn't talk much while he was driving and that was just fine with me. When we did get to the first fishing spot Cameron made sure that we were all geared up properly and he gave advised on where to cast. We were into salmon for me on the second cast. We caught silvers, rainbows, dolly varden and chum. When the fishing finally slowed down too much for his liking he suggested and we all agreed to go to another spot. We used another technique and caught sockeye. What fun I had on this trip and it made me feel like I was in one of those Alaskan fishing shows that I had watched on TV for years and wished that I could be there instead of in my comfy chair watching it. They processed my fish and it was at my house when they said it would be. Would I use Phantom again? Yes I will! For a spur of the moment trip it was all I could have hoped for and more. I even think I got a military discount.

Boise, Idaho
“Great Adventure with Phantom Salmon Charters- 5th year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

First.....I would like to comment on Peter P posting. What this person is not telling you is that the police were called in on this shooting and Phantom Salmon Charters was found to have done nothing wrong. It is ALASKA and like it our not bears get shot, what he fails to mention allot of important details. The hunter would never put any person in harms way as indicated. This hunter and his family eat bear meat he did not shoot the black bear for its pelt like this posting makes it sound. Phantom Salmon Charters is about fishing and to bad mouth a business because you did not like what you saw, Whelp you better not come to Alaska because you will see allot of things that you do not see in the lower 48, I know we just finished our 9th trip to this beautiful country.
Now onto fishing which is what Phantom Salmon Charters is all about that why they have this availability to post they want us to share our fishing experience. As I mentioned this is our 5th year booking a charter with them, if you are looking for a charter with experience, with the personal touch, to give you the fishing experience of a life time book a charter and find out for yourselves. My husband has been fly fishing for over 40 years in those 40 years he has only booked with one guide, yep you guested it Phantom Salmon Charters. In case you are interested we caught our limit on both days, we booked 2- 1/2 day charters , with the help of our guide we landed Silvers left and right. Personally I like landing the chum they are a blast to catch, but not to eat. On a fly rod it was so much fun.... Give this company a try they are the best they provide all you need as far as fishing equipment or you can bring your own like we do.
But is true no Bananas on Board be sure to ask your guide why. We have never been disappointed with this business. I suggest you see for yourself.

18 attraction reviews
“NO BANANAS ON BOARD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Unfortunately we weren't in Talkeetna for the salmon run, but we still had a great day fishing. Rhett was very friendly and helpful. He seemed very knowledgable and was a pro with the boat. The ride on the Talkeetna was a fun part of the experience. My husband's only regret was that he didn't bring his own rod for the trip. He felt that would've enhanced his experience even more. He would definitely use Phantom Charters again. They caught (I was simply a spectator) rainbow trout, chum salmon, silver salmon, and Dolly Varden. Ask about the bananas before you get on board...interesting story.

Visited September 2013
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Salmon Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I and 3 of my buddies spent 3 days fishing with Phantom Charters in Aug., the service fishing and our guide were all excellent. Our guide Bubba was more then you could ask for in a guide, he was knowledgeable about the fishing, always asking if we were O.K., needed anything or just great to talk too we had a blast. And to top it all off we got to see Mt. McKinney from the river what a sight.

You can't ask more from a guide service.

If you go Silver fishing, take a fly rod.

Davidson, North Carolina
108 attraction reviews
“Our 5th Year-Super”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Margo and Rhett....thanks for another great fishing adventure... and being on the tri rivers in
Talkeetna. The view of the mountains this year and seeing Denali two days was most unusual....and of course we caught our limit as always. You guys know were the fish are and how to catch them. We look forward to coming next year.....