“Fishing in Talkeetna” 5 of 5 stars

Owner description: Phantom Salmon Charters
Boise, Idaho
“Fishing in Talkeetna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Do you enjoy fishing, silly question of course you do if you are reading this posting? We have made several trips to Talkeetna, Alaska never had I wanted to get up at 4:00am to go on a guided fishing advernture, you have got to be kidding. This year in August my hubby talked me into going, after saying yes I wondered what in the world did I just do. But a commitment is a commitment so I made the reservations with Phantom Salmon Charters. When the owner called to let me know we needed to be at the office no later than 5:15AM I began to shudder with regret I am not a morning person ( you probably already figured that out). With eyeballs in hand we showed up at the office checking in for our fishing excursion. The owners Rhett and Margo wild with excitement greeted us, asked us what we needed, as they supply the fishing poles, wading boots etc. My hubby is a flyfishing guy therefore fishing poles were out of the question. Yep! you guessed it his fly rod was in hand. Rhett got us aboard right on time 5:30am I don't think the fish were awake but he knew they were awake and the next 4 hours were AMAZING. I HAD SO MUCH FUN....and this old gal caught fish. If you have never tried a guided fishing trip in Talkeetna you should. But not just any guide will do, "the old saying you get what you pay for" is so true and these folks are the best with a guide that cares about your fishing adventure. Oh ya and a P.S.they have enclosed boats so my face did not freeze off. Very Important @5:30AM... Remember Phantom Salmon Charters.... and no they did not pay me to say this. I had a blast as a matter of fact 2013 here I come to do it all over again.

Dallas
4 attraction reviews
“Personal service and instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our guide Rhett was very personable and helpful. He gave advice on where to put our lines and how to attract the fish. He identified animal tracks (moose, bears) beside the river. We caught our limit well before the end of the scheduled tour. A nice guy, and very knowledgeable! And we got our fish!

New Rochelle, New York
“Experienced, easy going and professional service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went salmon fishing with Phantom Salmon Charters last week and was very impressed by the knowledge of our guide (Alan) of the best fishing holes in the river and will definitely book another fishing trip with this company on my next trip to AK. They provide all the gear (even coffee) and were a pleasure with which to deal- right down to cleaning and preparing our fish to be shipped back home.

Windhoek
“Best Fishing Experience in the State of Alaska”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Phantom Fishing Charters, based out of Talkeetna AK, was the highlight of our whole three week Alaska holiday. Even when salmon and trout fishing conditions where not favourable on the specific day, our guide Allan put us right inbetween the fish, helped and explained what to do and soon we started hauling them out. Equipment supplied (including their professional boats & tackle) was in top condition, and phantom is not scared to go out of their way to accomodate your special request. Well Done! Keep up the good work! Cari & Rene from Namibia.

Visited July 2012
North Pole, Alaska
“Phantom Salmon Charter was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We are a family of 4, three of us not fishermen! The owners were super friendly and responded back quickly with all my questions and concerns. The day of the fishing trip, the guide was so friendly and knowledgeable about the area. He helped our 9 and 4 year old girls with their lines and they had a great time. We caught Kings, jacks, rainbow trout, and dolly's. Will go back next year! They even let us continue fishing after I smuggled banana's on the boat =)

Visited June 2012