“Wonderful Capstone to Climbing Trip in Alaska!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireweed Station Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Fireweed Station Inn
You added Fireweed Station Inn to your Saves list
15113 E. Sunshine Road, Talkeetna, AK 99676   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Newport Beach, California
“Wonderful Capstone to Climbing Trip in Alaska!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I recently participated in a climbing expedition on Mt. Denali (McKinley). Before leaving for and after returning from the mountain, my climbing partners and I stayed at the Fireweed Station Inn. I simply cannot imagine a more delightful, pleasant, and satisfying way to begin and end my trip to Talkeetna and the Denali National Park area. Tom and Hobbs (the proprieters of the inn) are warm, gracious, charming hosts. Their inn is historic and absolutely lovely. The meals they serve are wonderful.

For both business and personal reasons, I travel a lot--about 200,000 airmiles per year. I have visited nearly 40 countries, been to all continents but Antarctica, and have been fortunate to stay in some grand properties around the world. I say this to provide a context for my rating. I hope to have the opportunity again to stay at the Fireweed Station Inn. After my recent stay there, I would not consider any other place for my next trip to Talkeetna.

• Stayed June 2010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I was part of an 8-day mountaineering school in Alaska. Before and after the course started we stayed at the Fireweed Station. There is no other place I would have wanted to stay especially after coming off the mountain. Tom and Hobbs treated me like I was a family member. My feet were blistered and swollen from altitude and Hobbs took good care of me. The meals were exquisite as if I were in a big city. They were very flexible in what time both breakfast and dinner were served. If I choose to go back to Alaska for mountain climbing or even on a family vacation I will definetely be staying at the Fireweed Station. Besides the Inkeepers being awesome and the food simply delicious the inn was immaculate. And, from my own standards for cleanliness, that says a lot. I highly recommend the Fireweed Station without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My travels brought me to the Fireweed Station and Talkeetna as the entry point into Denali National Park. Our expedition with Alpine Ascents highly recommended the bed and breakfast as one of the potential options for us during our stay. I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to stay with Tom and Hobbs. Clean beds, great food and location are generally table-stakes when booking any accommodation. What separates Fireweed from the others is the warmth and graciousness of the owners.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Rooms and views are top quality with Alaskan wilderness experience...food is superior...hospitality is warm, helpful, informative.

• Stayed May 2010
Woodbridge UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

A highlight of our two week visit to Alaska ., a weekend in Talkeetna ,flying around Denali landing on a glacier and spending a night at Fireweed with a superb dinner prepared by Tom and Hobbs.Just perfect

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I have lived in Alaska for four years and travelled extensively throughout the state, but I have never found anywhere as unique and high quality to stay as the Fireweed Station. This is a wonderful log property in the woods, lovingly restored by the owners and turned into a wonderful B&B/restaurant. The owners are incredibly hospitable, and the food is excellent. It is a marvellous place to relax and be looked after and well fed! There is a lot of accommodation around Talkeetna, but I doubt there is anything as unusual or high quality as this.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Little Rock Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We spent 2 weeks in Alaska and our stay at Fireweed Station was the highlight of our trip.
If you're looking for city living and atmosphere don't go here. This lovely B & B is out in the country with beautiful wild flowers and most wonderful hosts, We relaxed, hiked, relaxed, picked berrrie and relaxed. You're close to Talkeetna (charter a flight to Mt. Denali and if weather permiting, land on a glacier) and close to several fishing spots. Tom and his lovely spouse Hobbs go above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful, pleasant experience. Food was excellant, rooms very clean as was the whole cabin. Only wish we could have stayed longer but will definately go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Fireweed Station Inn? Share your experiences!