“Good for a night's sleep at a fair price; not recommended for luxury seekers.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Talkeetna Motel

Talkeetna Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Talkeetna Motel
You added Talkeetna Motel to your Saves list
Box 115, Talkeetna, AK 99676   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Talkeetna
WI
“Good for a night's sleep at a fair price; not recommended for luxury seekers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We got in late and were able to check in at the bar (bar is in it's own adjacent building). The room seemed clean but dimly lit. The breezeway outside of the room was under construction. Hopefully this was part of the reason why our bathroom had a window without a shade. It was a high window but without a shade I could see inside to the shower and toilet, but there was low foot traffic.

We were only there for a quick night and only needed to sleep for a few hours. It was a fair price and easy to find in Talkeetna. We chose due to the price, our short stay, and ease of finding it at night. We wouldn't want to hang out there, or stay for an extended period of time, but it worked for weary travelers. It didn't make sense for us to spend more for a nicer place we wouldn't have time to enjoy. Talkeetna Motel has few frills but did have a TV and frig. I've heard people mentione wifi but didn't try this out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

If you're looking for proximity to the tiny town of Talkeetna, this place is right there. It was clean and quiet, down a residential street. Paid the same per night here as some much nicer places we stayed in Alaska. I'm not sure if it was in a state of re-construction when we were there as there were bags of cement, lumber and drywall laying all around. FYI - you have to check in at the bar that is just past the motel. (I believe it's called the Tiki bar if I remember correctly) When we arrived, there was no sign up and we wandered around a bit to figure out if we were in the right place. Some friendly bar-goers were kind enough to inform us that we were indeed in the right place for check in and to hang around & someone would help us out shortly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Being a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I've gotten used to the personal attention I get whenever I stay at a Hilton brand hotel. So I wasn't expecting much when I decided to spend the night at a small motel I found online (there are no Hilton brand hotels for hundreds of miles in any direction from Talkeetna). I was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome by the owners of this motel. The room was smaller and simpler than the ones I'm usually used to, but it was clean, fresh-smelling and perfectly comfortable for one person; for the price, it was a great value for money! It was more like staying in someone's guest-room than a hotel room.

If I ever find myself wanting to spend a night in the vicinity, I'd definitely stay here without hesitation.

Tip: The town is really small, but somehow a couple of people I asked did not know how to get to this motel. A simple phone call to the motel took care of that.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Eagle River, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Spent the night at the Talkeetna Motel and had a lovely time. The local owners were very helpful and very customer oriented. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Great value for a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Loved the clean, quiet simplicity of the Talkeetna Motel.

It was within walking distance of downtown and had a real

Alaskan atmosphere. The lounge was also clean and quiet.

I would stay there again anytime.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Beaverton, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2005

We first stayed in Sept 1996. The restaurant had good food and the room was simple but comfortable. The water had a very strong sulfur smell/taste but was pretty good when we let it sit out overnight. We heard no noise from the bar. We know there were some other people staying at the hotel while there but we never heard them.

We went back in Sept 2001. We were the only ones staying in the motel. The rooms were just the same but the water seemed to be heavily treated and tasted of chlorine. The restaurant was closed for repairs and we heard drunks every night. Some nights it sounded like they were in the room with us.
Our first stay was great and was the reason we went back. The next time we're in Talkeetna, I hope to talk my husband into trying a different place to stay, 1 with a few less drunk locals.

• Stayed September 2001

Been to Talkeetna Motel? Share your experiences!