“Up in the clouds..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Traleika Mountaintop Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Traleika Mountaintop Cabins
You added Traleika Mountaintop Cabins to your Saves list
22216 S. Freedom Drive, Talkeetna, AK 99676   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ca
“Up in the clouds..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Denali cabin. Wow, what a wonderful, serene place. The views are spectacular, and the cabin is clean and very comfortable. We were a party of 5 adults and the space was adequate (2 very comfortable futons on the lower level). Whitney the owner, is very warm and helpful. She made sure we were comfortable. The town of Talkeetna is eclectic and everyone in town seem to know pretty much everybody else in town :)

The cabin is a little ways off from cafes and restaurants (~4 miles) so, grocery shop/pick up food accordingly to maximize time in this little piece of haven. The cooking stoves are pretty basic (2 burner hotplates). Beds are super comfy and the showers are hot (bathroom is small - cabin style).

Thanks for sharing the place Whitney! Will be back for sure :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Three years ago we visited Alaska and stayed at the Traleika Cabins. Our time there was so memorable it was a "must return to" when we planned our trip for this year - and - we were not disappointed.

Whitney is an energetic, gracious hostess who appreciates her guests and radiates her love of Denali and the community she lives in. She is knowledgeable of the area and provides suggestions and ideas of trails, restaurants, etc.

We chose to stay in the Denali View Cabin and unfortunately the mountain chose not to show during our time on the property. In fact, we experienced several days of fairly continuous rain which made us appreciate our cabin even more. The Denali View is spacious. It provides a full kitchen and living room area along with a bay window/table seating area overlooking the mountain range and expanse of forest. There is a complete bathroom on the first floor. There are two bedrooms on the second floor with amazing views and very, very comfortable beds.
The cabin was spotless - just as we'd remembered.

We did encounter a few times of interrupted wi-fi, but Whitney responded immediately and we had no additional problems. Again, we find her to be very committed to her guests - it was wonderful to see her and visit after a three year absence.

Traleika Mountaintop Cabins is a magnificent experience and is our continued place of choice to stay at when we travel to Talkeetna. We highly recommend it to those who are in the area and hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My mom and I stayed n the Birchcrest cabin which was so cozy! Whitney was great- she called and e-mailed us to say that we could see the summit! When we stepped outside we were able to take great photographs of a breathtaking view. The cabin itself was great, there was a small kitchen if you wanted to cook your own meals and some movies and games to keep yourself entertained. I would definitely stay here again! Overall Traleika was amazing and beautiful and a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

What a serene place to stay. Our hostess Whitney was very friendly and the Birchcrest Cabin was a perfect place to call home. Sitting at the dining table we had an unobstructed view of the summit. Talkeetna is a funky town and we were so close. What a perfect start to our Alaskan vacation!

• Stayed August 2013
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The cabin was beautiful. Big and clean. It had the view the four seasons hotel would die for. Plenty of room for the family and kids. Gps doesn't work so follow the directions that are sent to you. The shower wasn't great, but the rest of the place made up for it. We were very glad we stayed here and wish we could have stayed longer. We loved the outdoor fire pit she let us use and the deck is a great place to hang out. Loved it

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Have you ever walked into a cabin and thought, I want to move in, I want to buy this place and move right in. That's how we felt the minute we walked in the cabin. What an incredible, beautiful place!

Whitney welcomes you upon your arrival and is so insightful about Talkeetna, Denali and all the surrounding areas. ( be sure to check out the photos of her on the summit of Mt. McKinley. Yes, she's been there and done that several times).

I'll start with the location. You're just a few minutes from downtown Talkeetna and are within a morning's drive of Denali. When you drive up to the cabin's location ( there are three cabins), you'll notice something right away.....the view. A breathtaking, awe inspiring view of McKinley and the Alaskan range is just before you. We were in the middle cabin and our patio had a view that brought tears to my eyes. Words just can't describe the beauty. Whitney and her crew built the cabins one log at a time and they took extra special care to ensure the same view from the patio can be seen from both the bedrooms. WOW! It was hard to close close your eyes to sleep, you just wanted to see those mountains a little bit longer. The bed was very comfortable and cozy. It made getting up in the mornings a little tough.

The kitchen is well equipped and there is a grill on the porch in case you want to cook in. The bathroom is very clean and had a small window to peek out of to see the beautiful windflowers outside. There is a comfy couch, a tv (we never used) and a nice dinette also with the same view as the porch and bedroom.

This was one of our favorite stops on a two week tour of Alaskan towns. It was truly difficult to load our things to leave. We loved, loved, loved this cabin.

Thank you Whitney for making our stay with you so special and for letting us 'pick your brain' about your climbs! We hope to see you again!

• Stayed August 2013
Chugiak, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

First, I'd like to address the directions/'hard to find' reviews. The directions that Whitney sent me were excellent and I had no trouble finding it at all. Even when I was distracted, I still had no trouble. One of the roads is rocky, but slowing down took care of any trouble you would have. Much better roads than others I've driven on.

The views from up there were amazing. The cabin itself was really beautiful. I looked it over well because I think I'd actually like to build something similar someday. It was nicely stationed so there were great views from every window, too. And the setting is quiet and in the woods, so you can get away from the tourists down in Talkeetna proper. We even saw a red fox dart into the bushes in the evening.

The internet worked great while we were there in July. As an IT professional, I have realistic expectations of how things work- often your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has issues and there's nothing to be done. That's just life. I was able to upload a lot of pictures in a short span of time.

The only small concern was that the showers are a bit small and with a stationary shower head, this could be a problem for someone short or tall. We have the same issue in a cabin up in Healy and another place in Fairbanks. When I spoke to Whitney about installing a shower head that could be removed from the fastening and be hand held, she seemed very receptive of the idea. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Whitney's responsiveness throughout the process was the best I've experienced up here. The tourism season is short and people get very busy. She was available every time I called.

My friend that was visiting said it was her favorite place that she'd stayed in her two visits up here and it's definitely my favorite in all my travels while living here. I've easily stayed in at least a dozen places in Alaska and this was the gem. I'm already trying to figure out when to have a girls weekend up here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Traleika Mountaintop Cabins? Share your experiences!