During a visit to see my daughter this past July in Yap, we relaxed by the pool at Traders' Ridge Resort. The pool is very nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. We did have to pay to use the pool, and it was explained to us that usually this is private for guests in order to maintain peace and quiet for the guests. I found this odd, considering one day while at the pool there was a young child swinging from the balcony of the hotel and screaming. My daughter explained that this child belongs to the new hotel managers! We didn't really pay that much to use the pool and the rest of our time spent there was very pleasant, but if I were a guest I would have a problem with young children running around unattended. For the most expensive resort on Yap, they need to make sure parents are keeping an eye on their children, especially if those children belong to the managers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yap Pacific Dive Resort, "Where Adventure and Luxury Meet". Here you can enjoy world-class scuba diving and instruction in our SSI & PADI approved dive center by day, and gourmet dining & exotic island drinks in our restaurants at night. Relax by our fresh water pool or spoil yourself at our private massage retreat offering a wide range of popular spa services! We offer the islands largest selection of environmentally friendly activities and tours sure to please even the most discriminating guest. Visit historic WWII sites, stone money banks, village tours, cultural events, kayaking, boating, snorkeling, fishing, biking and more! Visit the “forbidden island” of Rumung! Experience this unspoiled paradise and see the largest stone money ever discovered.Yap Pacific Dive Resort ties the traditional Yapese culture with the feel of a colonial period gone by. The type of service that one would expect 100 years ago in a first class hotel exists here, today. Our staff, which is almost entirely Yapese, is dedicated to the highest level of service since the beginning and it has made a lasting impression throughout the world. Our boutique hotel, styled in unique Victorian architecture, offers 22 beautifully appointed, spacious, air conditioned rooms, each accented by hand crafted furniture and original artworks from the Ethnic Art Institute of Micronesia. Our two Grand Suites with almost 800 square feet of living space set a new standard for luxury in Micronesia! Fresh flowers daily and evening turndown service is included for all rooms.From sunrise to sunset, the staff at Yap Pacific Dive Resort is available to make your stay with us a memorable one. Personalized concierge services, expert dive staff, exclusive tours, conference facilities, international cuisine, cultural experiences, romantic adventures and best of all, affordable family pricing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Yap Pacific Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yap Pacific Dive Hotel Colonia
- Traders Ridge Hotel
- Traders Ridge Resort
- Yap Pacific Dive Resort Colonia