“Very nice motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Timaru
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Very nice motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had one of the new units at the rear of the property. Very quiet, clean and comfortable. Nice separate bedroom, large bathroom with spa bath, cosy lounge/dining and fully equiped kitchen. Have now stayed here twice, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My daughter, her baby and I stayed at this motel for a night. The hosts were very pleasant and helpful, and the motel is well equipped and comfortable. It is clean and has everything you need for a pleasant stay. A restaurant and bar is attached, and you can order room service meals. We had a lovely dinner.

It is close to town, but not too close. Good value and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Timaru.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Excellent accommodation. From the first contact with host to checkout, hosts were extremely helpful. With restaurant on site enjoyed being able to eat in restauraunt then retire to room and have dessert delivered. Would happily stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Work has booked this motel for me 3 times in the last 6 weeks, and I am glad it wasn't my own money as this place was less than average. The first 2 trips I cleaned the bathroom myself so that I could have a bath in the evening (the bath was full of hairs) the third time I mentioned it to the owner (along with the old food in the kitchen when I checked in) who said he would talk to the cleaner and have them re do the room - well they did but there are still hairs in the bath as I type, and when I went to have a shower the handle fell off the door!
The restaurant is very mixed, some nights are ok, some are awful - tonight I ordered the chicken and mushroom fettucine which came with brussel sprouts, cabbage carrots and other miscellaneous veg (not that I don't love veg but felt a little misled) all of which were swimming in the cream that the chicken (and 2 mushrooms) appeared to have been boiled in.
Very disappointing, will probably have to stay again for work and will not be looking forward to it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We stayed at this accomdation for two nights in a one bedroom room. The room was very clean and had all the facilites you needed. However the bedroom was quite hot and the fan wasn't very good which left us with a disrubted nights sleep. The location was very quiet and of the street with plenty of parking. It was about a 5 minute drive into the centre of the town.
Overall I would recommend this accommodation, however the only downfall was that our bed was not made up for us although they serviced the room - for the price we were paying we did expect this service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Twizel, South Canterbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I arrived late in the evening after taking my wife to the hospital and made a booking by telephone. The office was closed, not surprisingly, but I was given a key and directed to the unit. Couldn't get the lights or heater to work, so back to the affice area to find everything shut up and in darkness. No light to use the phone. Apparently, It's one of those card type keys that slot in to put on the power, I found later,. I had a cold, dark night.
The owner/manager gave profuse, if not sincere apologies. I was still unhappy. Just a little time spent on greeting and seeing to guests would have earned them a good rating.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at Aspen on King, for just the one night: I had a new studio apartment down the back of the complex, with a nice room, comfy bed and big bathroom with a substantial corner spa bath. The staff were really friendly, and willingly arranged a continental breakfast for the following morning, despite my asking for it quite late in the evening. There's masses of car parking, and a DVD library where you can borrow something to watch in your room if you like. Oh, and free broadband. I'd recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Aspen on King? Share your experiences!