“Very accommodating helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Ashburton
Cuisines: New Zealand, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Speight’s Ale Houses have become an intrinsic part of the history of Speight’s. Found within the historic brewery is the original Ale House, opened in 1999. The Speight's Ale House Ashburton breathed new life into the magnificent old bank building when it was transformed into an iconic Speight's Ale House.Enjoy the hearty menu, relaxed ambience and great range of Speight's on tap with your mates every day from 11 am.
Timaru, New Zealand
“Very accommodating helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Met family from Christchurch and Timaru at this restaurant for a family birthday. Staff were so helpful I asked when booking could I bring our own Birthday cake no problem. Staff were so helpful hide the cake out the back kept chilled and when we were ready brought it out with candles lit ready to go. Also provided plates and forks etc couldn't have been more helpful. Meals were huge and attractive waitress very attentive asked several times if everything was to our liking and it was . I had the half roast it was huge with lovely Yorkshire pudding yum.
Great night thanks very much highly recommend

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ashburton, New Zealand
“Try the calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The calamari was fantastic. Definitely recommended! Loved the schnitzel too and salad also. I wanted dessert but could not fit it in.

• Visited May 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very good service,Friendly and welcoming. Our meals were delivered quickly - good size. Good value for money.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pretty Average Pub Grub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We'd been here for an alfresco drink a few times so thought we'd try some lunch.

Firstly, although there was only one other table dining the service was really really slow, the waitress herself was lovely we just got sporadic service.

Food portions were huge! My partner opted for small ribs - I dread to think what large are like! They were pretty dry and non descript, definately not enough sauce. My steak sandwich was nice enough although my onion rings were missing (quickly rectified by nice waitress) and nothing was seasoned - according to the waitress the chef was in a bad mood that day.....

We wouldn't eat here again just stick to the al fresco drinks.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ashburton
“Sp8s Ashburton is my local!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I keep going back to Speights Ashburton because the staff are so friendly. They welcome me by name each time I enter there restaurant.
Their menu is great and the portions are plentiful. It is pleasing to see families of all sizes and ages enjoying the atmosphere. It is a great place to meet up with the locals too.
Speights Ashburton, you 'rock'!

Cheers Phil