Had a good trip here with my wife. A couple of downsides the building is not very soundproof, we went during school holidays so lots of kids running around etc. on the plus side the hotel staff were very accommodating and offered a new room and a complementary breakfast.
Great base to get to the mountain and I did really enjoy my stay. Next time I would probably not go during school holidays. Very clean rooms and unique as it was all wooden like a log cabin, I liked that aspect of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining all the facilities of an boutique hotel with the ambiance of a an alpine lodge, the Powderhorn Chateau is situated in Ohakune at the doorstep of the spectacular Tongariro National Park. This stunning alpine wonderland is one of only a handful of sites throughout the world to be given dual natural and cultural World Heritage status by UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Hotel Ohakune
- Powderhorn Chateau Mount Ruapehu Ohakune