“Beautiful big modern house, pretty setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miro Park

Miro Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ohakune
Miro Park
You added Miro Park to your Saves list
5 Park Avenue, Ohakune 4660, New Zealand   |
Auckland, New Zealand
“Beautiful big modern house, pretty setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at MiroPark. Spacious and immaculate with great facilities. Owner/manager very helpful and friendly. Quiet, pretty location. Loved the spa and underfloor heating. Highly reccomended

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a beautiful location to start with.....and then there is the actual house, Wow! It caters for everything, with a beautiful spa and up to the minute kitchenware, plus a drying room and garage. It is stunning inside and out. We felt at home as soon as we walked in the door. If you don't feel like cooking one night, town is just down the road and has some fun places to eat and enjoy a drink. During the day, we enjoyed hiking during the Summer, next time we will take the mountain bikes. In Winter I would hit the mountian to check out the snow then home to the warm fire sinking in to the beautiful couches, mulled wine and hot spa. Can't wait for this one. There is also a house manager if any problems should occur and clear instructions on how to use everything technical. Brilliant and organised for the perfect holiday. Wish I was there now:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Felt I had to write a couple of lines as friends and I had a perfect weekend; everything was just as we hoped, perfect blue skies, excellent hike over the Tongariro crossing and to top it off a luxurious spot to enjoy a well earned spa, BBQ, drink and rest.
The house was so comfortable in living areas and bedrooms, quiet and with everything we needed. The open design makes it very sociable which is great if with friends and family.

The Owner Chris is great to deal with and his genuinely eager to ensure we were happy.
I don't normally write reviews but had to recommend this place. I've stayed in a few places in Ohakune over the number of trips but this tops the lot. We'll be going back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our time at Miro Park was not perfect in every respect, but Chris and Mark went about addressing our problems with such a feel for customer service that the overall experience was really very good.

Let me get the bad news out of the way first. After the second night my wife and I realised that we were waking up with (insect) bites on our torsos and upper legs. These matched googled images of bed-bug bites. Chris and Mark took this extremely seriously and, to tell you the truth, when you hear how careful they are with the beds and the bedding, it's hard to believe that bed bugs were the cause. Maybe something from the jacuzzi, but the guys' cleaning regime there is also not to be faulted. So, who knows: mystery bites, which have since disappeared. Maybe there was something in the ski-clothing which hadn't been out of our wardrobe for a while. I've no idea.

What struck me most about this experience, though, was the genuine concern and understanding we had from Chris and Mark. They made offers of all sorts of help, and never for a moment did they make me feel that our concerns weren't real. In their shoes, I would have found our story hard to believe.

Other small wrinkles were the lack of any equipment for making coffee. So we have donated an inexpensive coffee plunger to House 2. I hope subsequent guests will appreciate it. And the wifi is a bit of a pain. We came up against Zenbu wifi all over New Zealand ( http://www.zenbu.net.nz/ ). It's very clunky -- more or less a national "problem" in my view -- but it was free at Miro Park and the guys gave us extra vouchers as we needed them.

And, finally, the jacuzzi of House 3 is about 3-4 metres from the windows of the master bedroom of House 2. So, if there are half a dozen lads having a party in the house next door, then you may have to get out of bed at 02h45 and at 01h00, as we did, to hop round the fence and ask them to pipe down. In credit to these neighbours, though, they did then go inside and we waved cheerily to each other out of our cars on the mornings after.

So that was everything that wasn't perfect. Everything else was wonderful and I would stay at Miro Park again.

The houses are spacious and generally well-equipped. Massive TV, iPod/Phone dock for your music, amazingly efficient log-effect gas fire, good-sized equipment room with a separate drying room. Washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, gas hob, stove and microwave. All very new and clean. A very detailed how-to-use it guide, which made it easy to settle in.

Downstairs, apart from the garage, equipment and drying room, we had a double bed room, a bedroom with two sets of twin bunk beds and a shower room. Upstairs the master bedroom, with sliding door onto the deck with outdoor jacuzzi, second bathroom (en suite) and the huge living/dining room and kitchen space. So the place would take two families of four (the kids sharing).

The jacuzzi was a great way to end the day. I loved watching the last rays of sun disappear from the sky with a beer in my hand in that jacuzzi!

And the location is great. There's a small lake in front of the houses and you're right at the bottom of the Ohakune Mountain Road, a 16km drive from the ski lifts at Turoa. That is a wonderful drive, climbing through sub-tropical cloud forest vegetation, to emerge in a volcanic landscape below the ski fields of Mt Ruapehu. When the weather is right, it is stunning.

Finally, there was just about enough to do and see in Ohakune, and enough options for eating out, for our nine-night stay. It isn't Queenstown (and the skiing is also better on the South Island) but I'm glad we chose to stay in Ohakune rather than in the National Park village or in one or other of the isolated lodging places along the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
miropark, Owner at Miro Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and Im glad you enjoyed the Mt Ruapehu area, and your stay at the MIROPARK holiday home. The house is 3 years old but the beds are new this year and the linen is supplied fresh for each guest by NZTS the local linen hire company, and I do not allow for guests to supply their own linen to ensure the maximum possible cleanliness is maintained. It is still a mystery to me what actually caused your bumps and I hope you and your family have recovered fully from them. I did notice you travel extensively and have had the house sterilised after your stay as a precaution. You and your family were a pleasure to deal with and your generosity by supplying a coffee plunger will be enjoyed by many people in the future i'm sure. I have discussed your comments with my staff and we are all very grateful for your feedback and your wonderful photos. I hope i have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future and wish you safe and fun filled travels. Kind regards. Chris. -- owner of miropark --
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Myself and 19 other friends had the most wonderful time at Miropark. The houses (we had two adjacent each other) were fully-equipped with all amenities and were beautifully presented. There was plenty of room for us all. The comfy lounge, fireplace and big screen TV were perfect for those who spent the day off the mountain watching DVDs. Whilst the spas/dedicated drying rooms/hot showers were amazing for those of us after a day up the slopes. Chris was great to deal with, and was very welcoming. I would recommend this place completely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
miropark, Owner at Miro Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. Im so glad you had a good holiday and enjoyed miropark. Its an absolute pleasure having people like you come to stay, and i hope to see you again in the future.
Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have the good fortune of being able to stay here on a regular basis and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The proximity of the units to both the town and the mountain is perfect. The units are always immaculately presented and clean when we come to stay and even on a cold Ohakune day the place can be heated within minutes. The units are perfect because whether you are there with friends for an entertaining weekend or with the kids, they work. Thank you Chris for your superb hospitality and making miro park our home away for home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Elba Island, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Was my 5yo sons first trip to the mountain, we had a blast! Not much snow but enough to play in and slide on. Spa at the end of the day was just the icing on the cake. This is a very well appointed home with quality furnishings and very comfy beds. Large living area for all to spread out. Bedrooms are spaced apart so great if your planning a trip with a snorer!!! Host Chris is fantastic and was great to deal with helping make our stay a very pleasant one and trouble free so we could just relax and enjoy. We will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
miropark, Owner at Miro Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, Im so glad you had a good holiday and enjoyed miropark. It has snowed all around the house today so a soak in the spa while it snows around you is a magical experience i hope you get to have when you come back. look forward to seeing you again in the future. kindest regards. chris

Been to Miro Park? Share your experiences!