“Nice enough for 1 night.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beaumaris Bay Motel

Beaumaris Bay Motel
You added Beaumaris Bay Motel to your Saves list
Beaumaris Bay Motel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Bodley Street, Beaumaris, Bayside, Victoria 3193, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaumaris
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice enough for 1 night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was comfortable for 1 night. I don't think I could spend an extended period of time here. First thing I noticed was the musty smell in the office when I went to pick up the key, really put me off. The room was nice and included a balcony. Room was quite spacious but very dated. I loved the spa as that is why we hired the room. The only suggestion I could make is that it is very dangerous getting in and out of the spa due to bloody great big steps to get in and out. Once wet they can prove tricky. Overall it was still worth it for 1 night but price should be less considering I have paid the same amount for a hell of a lot better rooms. Oh and toilet is very cramped.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toowoomba, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed in this motel in November 2012 - it wasn't really my first choice but was close to the family who we were visiting.

We had a twin room which unfortunately had an adjoining door to the next room. On arrival all we could take in was the filthy dilapidated old couch - it would have been more comfortable to sit on the floor so we avoided it. The cane chairs at the table also had filthy cushions on them. The curtains were so dirty that it made me uncomfortable to open the door as I had to touch them. There was medicated cream in a tube under one of the beds which made me realise how incompetantly it had been cleaned as it was clearly visible from a standing position - I didn't want to get near the carpet to look under anything. Lucky my toddler didn't find it first.

The bed sheets were clean and the bathroom was OK. The lino in the bathroom and under the bench was stained but at least had been swept.

The people who came into the neighbouring room at midnight kept us awake for most of the night. The door allowed all noise through as if it was in our room. Sounded like someone was getting their money's worth in a brothel!

In the morning we were asked how our night had been. We said "not great" and explained why. Instead of offering an apology or a discount, the manager laughed and made some comment about "asians". Charming.

Room Tip: Stay in your car if you have to.....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Beaumaris hotels

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed in November 2012 for 2 nights. Whilst the building is quite old & dated the rooms are clean & comfortable.
The food is fantastic with generous servings. The staff cannot do enough to welcome you & ensure you enjoy your stay.
Well done Ange.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bendigo, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2011 in a downstairs room. Dark, musty smelling with an appaling old bathroom. desperately needs new everything. Chose this hotel after comparing photos and prices. It was priced at the lower end of accomodation in the area however the photos really glammed it up if you can believe it.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last year for a little getaway!
We both really enjoyed our stay.
We booked the luxury room which had a spa bath which was so relaxing.
The room also had cable and a balcony which was good if you are a smoker.
We didn't visit the bar or the restaurant but there are plenty of restaurants and takeaways in the area.
It was a good location and a little motel for a weekend by the beach.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Berrien Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago but only now found TripAdvisor and the chance to share what a wonderful time I had at this little motel.
The restaurant was EXCELLENT. Best food I had on my entire trip down under.
The location was great - right in the middle of Melbourne's famous sandbelt area for world class golf and Mornington Peninsula was just down the road.
I had the time of my life.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Beaumaris Bay Motel? Share your experiences!