“Great Hotel! One of the best in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah

You added Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Fiqait Road, Dibba, Fujairah | P.O. Box 12590, Dibba, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Fujairah
Dubai
“Great Hotel! One of the best in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We have just come back from a weekend at JAL - We got a really good deal, because its summer and we booked well in advance (having booked through another website - directrooms.com). This is our second time here, the first time last year June, was just as memorable.
We were only here for one night, and arriving at lunchtime check in was a breeze. Our friends were upgraded and so would be on a separate side of the resort to us, so we asked to be upgraded so our party would stay together. We were told that they only had single beds available on that side, but could push the beds together and give us a king duvet. as it was only one night we agreed, but wouldn't recommend this for couples because there is still quite a large sizable gap.
Our friends asked to move their room because it had a very strong smokey smell, and this too was done very quickly, and without hassle.

After a quick check-in, we donned our costumes and went down to the bigger pool (the family pool with a bar in the pool, where you can sit and drink) This bar is not nearly as nice or big as the Rotana down the way, but the cocktails were great and the prices are very very reasonable for the drinks and bar food (especially compared to all the other hotels in the area)

After a full day of drinking cocktails at the pool, we went to our rooms to get ready for dinner. One of the things I love about JAL is their bathrooms, there are shutters over the bath that allows you to open onto the room, so you can take a bath and still chat with your partner.

Dinner was at marco polo, and we tried the Spring Rolls, Pad Thai, and Lamb roganjosh (bit of a mixture) The lamb and was amazing, a very rich, decadent curry, with a very reasonable price. the pad Thai, I have had much better and I found it very dry. The food here on a whole is pretty good for that you pay... Breakfast was typical buffet style, with a wide range to choose from, but no pork.

I would recommend though, if you are staying for a few nights to go for dinner at the Indian Restaurant at Le Meridian, Al Aqua, a short drive down the road. The food there, while pricey is out of this world!

After checking out we were able to spend the rest of the day here. We spent the second day at the much quieter smaller pool, which is great if you want to get away from the noise and families. I found the beach too hot to lie on, but there were these great sun-lounger/couches which we used last time that people had placed their towels on in the early morning, and I didn't see sitting on once the entire day!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I stayed there for 2 nights. The 4th and the 6th of June,2009. The place is amazing. The thing that you will never find in the other hotels in the area is the sea view which is around 20 meters from your room.
Moreover, the design of the buildings let you feel that you are living at your home.No disturb at all.
Although I visited Rotana and Miridain hotels, I can say now that Jal is the best.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed here spring bank half term week with a teaching collegue and it was fantastic !. My expectations were high and all fulfilled. It is sheer luxury from the rooms to the food and drink ( we were all inclusive, although alcholic drinks only free when eating in the restaurants) Lunch and dinner were superb and if you are a pudding fiend like me , these were absolutely delicious and each plateful was a work of art! The service from all the staff was impeccable and friendly. The only down side was the hotel is pretty isolated but there is a courtesy bus from the hotel into Dubai city for shopping. We went for total relaxation, excellent food and good wine and that is what we got. it was very quiet during the week but on Thursday night there is an influx of Dubai people coming for the weekend ( Frid & Sat ) so it shows how good the locals rate it! I did think twice before writing this review as maybe the JAL hotel should be a well kept secret..... as it is truely superb . I will be going back as soon as I can. Rhona and Anne

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I've been there atleast 5 times and everytime i come back with a richer experience.

Perfect place for family. Great location and recreational facilities. Rooms are chic.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Went to Fujairah with my husband to get away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai. We booked with JAL as it was quite a lot cheaper than the Rotana and Royal Meridien. Stayed for 4 nights in a lovely deluxe room. The staff were very attentive from the room cleaner to the concierge. We went to Royal Meridien and Rotana for dinner and the service does not compare to JAL Fujairah. The rooms are spacious and clean, the restaurant staff is very polite, the food is good and it is a very child friendly hotel. Although we couldn't swim in the sea because of the red tide, the life guards had daily activities in the pool such as aqua gym, they also organised volleyball afternoons and one day cocktail making on the beach. All in all, it was a very lovely holiday, dont let the colourful building from the outside scare you, when you walk inside you will be amazed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I recently went to the Hotel JAL Fujairah Resort and to be honest I was a bit nervous. We'd booked our night away prior to reading the TripAdvisor reviews (sort of negating the purpose - but oh well). The reviewers either seemed to love the hotel or hate it. I am quite a fussy traveller so I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel.

Check in was ridiculously easy and smooth. Granted, it was mid-week and the hotel reception wasn't very busy but the check-in staff was very courteous and cheerful. A very small negative was that even though we arrrived at 3pm (check in is from 2pm) our room wasn't ready. We didn't really mind though as our plan had always been to make a beeline for the bar and get into holiday mode with a few cocktails. Which is exactly what we did. The Lounge was really quiet and relaxing - it overlooks the beach and I challenge anyone to hold onto their stress when serenaded by the soothing sound of waves breaking. We were happy to note that the prices of cocktails were extremely cheap in comparison to the big city (Dubai). We also ordered some bar snacks (calamari and quesadillas) as we'd missed lunch, and were a little disappointed with the quality of the food. Not a huge drama - we hadn't come for the gastronomy.

Once our room was ready we got a call from reception and went to collect our keys. The room was spacious, clean and quiet with a great view of the beach and water. Yes, there were stains on the rug under the bed, but I don't think the rug itself was dirty. They were just stains. That kind of thing doesn't bother me. I was a little bothered by the fact that there was no top sheet in the bed - just a quilt. But this is just a pet peeve of mine, and a quick call to housekeeping rectified the situation with staff bringing up a sheet within five minutes. I also requested extra toilet paper which arrived with the sheet. Exemplary service.

Dinner had been booked at the Arabic restaurant and again I was a bit disappointed with the food. I've had better Arabic food at the food court of the Mall Of The Emirates for a fraction of the price. But the wine was good and the service was fine.

The next morning my husband and I went up to breakfast which had a lovely buffet of fresh foods. The omelette I ordered at the egg station was disappointing. I'd asked for a cheese and tomato omelette and got an omelette with (unmelted) cheese and cubed tomatoes thrown on top. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it tasted OK. Not great. My husband ordered two runny poached eggs. One was runny, the other was hard poached. Baffling, really.

After breakfast we went out to lay by the pool for a while. I went for a swim in the pool which was quite cool (nice because it was going to be a very hot day - 34C). We didn't stay out there too long as it was getting pretty hot and we decided to head home a bit early. We had organised a late check out of 2pm (I think this is the reason that there is a problem with rooms not being ready on time - they give out late check outs willy nilly. Nice for when you are departing, not so great when you arrive).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing getaway. The beach is beautiful, the staff are lovely, the cocktails are delicious and reasonably priced and the sun shines all day long. I would not recommend you come here if you are a gourmand looking for wonderful food. The food was very disappointing on all fronts but if you can overlook that, then you can have a really lovely time here. My husband and I will definitely be coming back next time we have time off mid-week.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Great hotel, had a very pleasant stay. Staff were friendly and never rushed. They even remembered us from previous interactions. Lots of activities for children (3-10 yrs age group). Even had playstation and arts and craft game rooms for children from 2-15yr group.

Excellent food at the Asian rest (Breeze) and Marco Polo, not a lot of Veg. variety but staff went out of their way to please our appetities.

Pool bar was great, ALL CHARGES ARE VERY COMPETITIVE (read cheap!!!) for such a fine hotel, very professionally run, DJ in the lounge was great.

Biggest and one of the cleanest beach strecthes I have seen (will give neighbouring hotels a run for their money).

All in all, exterior of the hotel looks decieving but will definitely come back with more people....for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah? Share your experiences!