“Great hotel, not so great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah

You added Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Fiqait Road | P.O. Box 12590, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Fujairah
cheshire, england
“Great hotel, not so great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for four nights on our way back from Mauritius.
The hotel is a great hotel. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. We had a top floor sea view also overlooking the pools. Lots of tv channels to choose from including movies. Tea/coffee in the rooms which is replenished daily. Plenty of wardrobe space. Fresh towels daily and fresh water. The bed was very comfy with fabulous pillows.
Would have liked to had soft drinks and beers in the room as part of the all inclusive package. Sometimes it's nice to sit and have a drink on the balcony. Unfortunately they charged you if you had a drink from the fridge.

We found the all inclusive package very good. Choice of drinks were good and the bar staff made the best margaritas I have ever had. Touran at the pool bar did fabulous frozen margaritas.

The breezes restaurant was the all inclusive one. The food here was excellent. So much choice. One night we had BBQ on the terrace, we both chose steak. It was really tender and tasty. The choice was vast and of a high quality. We could not fault the food here at all. The staff ensured there was plenty of it too, it was replenished quickly.

We used the lounge bar in an evening. There was some entertainment on outside but we used to sit inside as it was cooler and no children running about.

Our overall stay was pleasant. We probably wouldn't come here again as it is quite remote. Nothing outside of the hotel. A few days was enough. Also we found it to be predominantly Russian guests staying so we didn't really meet anyone to chat with. Would recommend to anyone wishing to go to this area though as the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Top floors have better sea views. Also rooms to the right blocks are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. It is always a pleasure to receive such comments and to be recognized by our valued guests. I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at the hotel and we are all very happy to note that our efforts to create a positive experience for you have met with success. I must say that your kind words have encouraged us all to perform even better.

Janet Fitzner,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am currently in the hotel and sadly staying for 2 nights, ironically this is a complimentary stay because my last visit was so awful. The first visit was truly dreadful, the room smelt of damp, the bathroom smelt of rotten eggs and my wife was greeted by a human faeces outside the ladies toilets by the pool.
So as an apology I have been given a complimentary stay, although somewhat generous it is now turning in to somewhat of a punishment. I informed the management I would be coming with my family like I had for the first stay but when I got to the room there were no beds for my sons. On asking for them they said I would have to pay for them as they weren't included in a complimentary stay. will have to subject myself to the same poor food as last time, the over priced drinks and unhelpful staff who are more interested in trying to charge you for something you've already paid for.
The bath also leaks all the time so I can't even bath my children.
Avoid this place like the plague, the price would make you think quality but it is everything but.
The hotel is also heavily frequented by our friends from behind the iron curtain who also like to spread themselves over the pool loungers and any other object in public view like some sort of extra from a blue movie, total unacceptable in a conservative country.

Room Tip: The boot of your car will be far better quality and considerably cheaper!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Janet F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to start by apologising for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah. I can understand how these issues will have annoyed you and I have discussed these with staff to ensure a more enjoyable stay for future guests. We strive to ensure an unrivalled level of customer service and as such, I am surprised you faced such issues. We also place much emphasis upon ensuring the Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah is clean and as such, I apologise for the issues you faced. Normally a room change will ensure guests enjoy a much more pleasurable stay, however due to your children sleeping we could not ensure this for you.

In the meantime, I hope you can overlook such inconveniences to choose to stay with us again at the Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is great beach escape for long weekend or few days break, clean long beach, several pools, different type of accommodation types that meet various requirement from couples to large families. Perfect ocean view from balcony, very good breakfast, professional level of service.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are spacious and with balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Resort is excellent, rooms were good and well kept. My friend had to move due to noise, and this wasn't an issue. Food was excellent and lots of choice.
The staff were very attentive,
Negatives
1/ Two hours from Dubai, which you can visit on a Monday or Friday, try for the Monday as most of the shops are shut on Friday until 2pm unless you go to the two big Malls.
2/ Evening entertainment was a very good belly dancer on one night, however this might be due to the time of year.
3/ The nearest town is a ten minute drive away, you cannot walk there. it has a small shopping mall and various shops on the main stretch.
Again the staff were very good from the Manager down to the room boys.

A good break

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Janet F, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We highly value such constructive feedback from our guests and I will certainly discuss your concern about evening entertainments with my team.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our staff’s attentiveness and food variety ,I have shared your feedback and I must say that such remarks encourage us all to be even more professional and attentive in our duties.

On behalf of the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we all hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Fujairah .

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First thing, this is in the Emirate of Fujairah, not the city of Fujairah, and is a long way up the coast, and out f the way. Be warned, forget that KFC, taking outside food and drink in to the resort is "illegal", although I don't know why, but it means you will be a "smuggler" or eating on site. Talking of food, we had the half board option for an extra AED100 per person, the buffet dinner wasn't worth that, mediocre food, and soft drinks and coffee weren't included.
At check in the non-smoking higher floor room booked wasn't available, and the alternative offered only had single beds. The décor in the rooms is old and a bit tired, the throw on the bed was stained, the grout in the floor tiles is black with dirt, the toilet seat doesn't fit the bowl, nit picking maybe but this place isn't cheap. The bed however was super comfortable, sleep was disturbed by some shouting Russians at 1am, (can't blame the hotel management for that), and by the sound of dragging furniture at 7am, which was for sure the hotel staff.
On the positive side, the location on the beach is nice, and there are a lot of pools, but too cold to use (in February). The pools architecture reminded me of a seal enclosure at the zoo, don't know why, also a bit dated I guess.
Breakfast was chaotic, they moved the venue, and the staff just don't seem to be very customer focused, quality and choice of the food is average.
Lastly check-out, long line, too slow, and more of a wait for the valet parked car. On that you don't have a choice, there is no self-parking.
Would I go there again? Maybe for $100 a night, but for $200-300 forget it, there are better options.

Room Tip: Ground floor room still doesn't give you direct beach access, so take a higher floor and enjoy t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of the entire team, I am sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience while you were in the resort.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and apologies for the inconvenience that may have been caused due to no availability of non smoking room upon check in, stained bed throw and dirty floor. Rest assured I am in the process of rectifying those points raised.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

It was absolutely perfect,,,
1- staff are more than polite and helpful, all such as: Bell boy, reception's persons especial reception's manager and his duty guys , Room service, House keeping guys , waiters
2- breakfast also perfect
3- beach and different type of summing pool ... perfect
4- small nightclub had wonderful atmosphere and great cocktails. also very good DJ
5- pool bar and beach restaurant ,,, also perfect
6- ... all and all
I did not get any bad point there ....
I do advise this hotel to you and i will never stay any other hotel in that area only Radisson Blu Resort Fujiairah

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and so comfortable
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued guest,

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about staff in general and I have shared with all, they were much pleased and I must say that such remarks encourage us all to be even more professional and attentive in our duties.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Ideally located away from the city in a quiet area of Al Aqah, this hotel offered us a great place to relax for a week-end. The room was very spacious, clean and with a lovely sea view. Although we had a minor electrical problem with the lights, this was addressed quickly by the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was good and the dive centre on site is definitely a plus if you like diving (great dive centre too). We were also able to use the Entertainer voucher. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive such comments and to be recognized by our valued guests. I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at the hotel and we are all very happy to note that our efforts to create a positive experience for you have met with success. I must say that your kind words about the staff’s friendliness and helpfulness have encouraged us all to perform even better.

Janet Fitzner,

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah? Share your experiences!