“Hello Sharkey's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Fujairah
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Hello Sharkey's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have just returned from my holiday @ 'The Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach Fujairah.
Everyone at this hotel were absolutely brilliant and as a lone traveller they more than looked after me.
Should you go to this resort you must pay a visit to Sharkey's Bar and meet the Manager Kamal and his team.
They work extremely hard to accommodate your every request.
Special attention from all of the staff - Mark, Juanarita, Baby, Jose, Diago just to mention these in particular.
The restaurant food catered for most tastes and I have to say that the food was good.

If I was to mention the downside to the hotel it would be the following -
1) Too far away from the Airport approx. 2 hrs ( But I understand there are plans to have a metro link there within the next few years.
2) Alcohol prices far too expensive - 180 Dirhams for a basic bottle of wine ( £36 ) back home in the UK this would be only around 30 Dirhams ( £6 ).
The Stella or Heineken Lager 36 Dirhams ( £7.20 ) compared to UK prices @ 15 Dirhams ( £3 ).
3) Wi Fi you have to pay extra for and I found this extremely expensive, for a 5 Star Hotel or any other for that matter I would expect this to be free as did many other guests that I spoke to.

Having said all of this I would still recommend this hotel .

Thank you to everyone @ Rotana.

Kind Regards
Martin
Newbridge, Gwent. South Wales

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
FujairahRotana, General Manager at Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we have exceeded your expectations regarding our products,facilities and most especially our services, I am proud to cite that the whole team always aspire to give you, our most valued guest the utmost hospitality experience while staying with us.

These warm words of compliments to the whole team most especially to Sharkey's team, Mr. Mark, Ms. Juanarita, Ms. Baby, Mr. Jose, Mr. Diago and myself will definitely go a long way in inspiring us to ceaselessly provide the best service and ensure each of our guest have a truly treasured time.
I have also gladly shared your appreciation to our Kitchen team for the excellent menu variety and quality you have praised.

Rest assured that all your comments have been duly noted and have been given utmost consideration. We acknowledge your concern about the price range of our beverages and we assure you that they are in line with prices offered in the Al Aqah area together with the rest of the UAE. Nevertheless, these points you have raised are valuable to us to identify our guests preferences and to better understand their unique expectations that we are constantly aiming to fulfill.

Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us as your place of retreat and for recommending us to travelers. I hope that this will be a series of your many more visits to us.

Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa
P.O. Box 1856 Fujairah, U.A.E | T: + 971 (0) 9 244 9888 | Dir: + 971 (0) 9 204 2104 | F: + 971 (0) 9 244 9800 | fujairah.resortspa@rotana.com | rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nobleton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

May 24-31..a week at this amazing place!Thank you to the entire staff for their exceptional service and attention to detail..we shall for ever remember their smiles and warm welcome...from the front desk ..to the waiters..to housecleaning.Excellent food for everybody's taste prepared by smiling and friendly chefs who you could actually talk to and were always ready for special requests!!!Swimming was great and beach and pool were well maintained.Our room was superb.
All in all a mo s t pleasant and memorable experience ..mainly thanks to the staff!!!

Barbara and Hans from Canada

Room Tip: we paid a small fee for a room in a side wing..2 story only..well worth..also its best to include th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FujairahRotana, General Manager at Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at Tripadvisor.

I am extremely glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and we had been able to fully satisfy your expectations through our products, facilities and most of all, the services we have passionately rendered.
I have gladly shared to the whole team your appreciation of our efforts and this will go a long way in inspiring us to continue our heartfelt service dedicated to provide all our guests a truly treasured time with us.

We look forward to your next visit and once again, thank you for choosing us to stay for your holidays.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We'd stayed for a long weekend and had chosen the hotel primarily for its proximity to the dive centre. The secluded coastline location and the expansive hotel grounds is good for a resort-style holiday, but it's a bit of a drive to the nearest town (Khor Fakkan)/ Fujairah.

The hotel itself didn't disappoint and the standards of decor, service and rooms are pretty much in line with expectations of a GCC hotel towards the mid-to-luxury end of the scale. Whereas nothing was amiss, there was also nothing particularly unique about it.

Our seaview room allocation was towards the end of one of the side-blocks, so our balcony was literally on top of the beach. The room sizes are also quite generous: our twin bed room had two queen sized beds with plenty of space for a separate seating area as well as a decent sized balcony to enjoy the views.

The Zen Spa was of a good standard, and that's largely due to my therapist and the welcoming reception staff. They delivered great value-for-money on the body-wrap treatment I'd opted for.

Catering-wise, I agree with the other reviewers who noted the lean towards mass-catering to international package holiday-makers. The breakfast and dinner buffet does have a bit of a glorified food-court vibe rather than a restaurant in a 4/5* hotel, and the food choices aren't remarkable. That said, I do appreciate the staff work very hard to feed and serve a lot of hungry diners.

Overall, the Rotana Fujairah does what it says on the tin and is a reasonable getaway option from Dubai.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to learn that you have chosen to stay in our resort for the long weekend and have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the appreciation you had extended over our hotel interiors and room facilities.

Your compliments to our Spa team had been gladly shared as well as to the Mozaique restaurant team. This gracious comments serves as an inspiration to all of us to ceaseless provide the best in guest service.
At the same time, I am concerned to read that we have not met your expectations in terms of the atmosphere and the menu variety in Mozaique restaurant. I have noted and reviewed all your comments, these will be given utmost consideration as we only desire to provide all our guests, the best possible hospitality experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback which gives us room for enhancement and for recommending us as a reasonable getaway option from Dubai.
We are eagerly looking forward to your next visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The title sums it up really.

The hotel is in a nice area which is overall quiet and peaceful and not too far from the main town. The hotel could do with an upgrade but the rooms are clean and comfortable and staying there is nice enough (although not to the standard of a five star hotel). The amenities offered to guests are of a relatively good standard and friends, couples and families could enjoy a good time in the sun.

However, my view on the customer service is that it was sub-standard. When I made the booking, I asked about a late check-out. The person on the phone could not have seemed less concerned about dealing with my request and simply palmed me off - I was told to deal with this upon arrival (being a Rotana member had no bearing) in an abrupt manner. On arrival I tried to confirm whether late check-out would be possible on the Saturday and was told to come back Saturday morning - not very helpful if you are trying to plan a late check-out. On Friday evening I thought I would check to see if there were any updates on check-outs and the staff at reception informed me that there were no more check-outs available (although I was under the impression that these would only be made available to customers the following morning...). Check-out proved to be just as disorganised with staff struggling to cope with the number of people checking out at the same time. This is a shame as the rest of the staff were overall helpful during my stay.

The food was awful at both breakfast and dinner (I didn't have lunch there). It was overcooked (reheated from a previous meal?), bland and over-priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent experience here in our resort at Tripadvisor.

As our most valued Rotana rewards member, we always seek to exceed your expectations and give you the best service possible.
I am pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay and you have noticed the magnificent location of our resort and have complimented the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms

On the other hand, I regret to hear that we have not met your expectations of a 5 star resort in some aspects of our products and services.
I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you had experienced during your stay.

I have duly noted your comments regarding the service at Reception and have immediately communicated it to the concerned department, rest assured that they will take the necessary measures in order to rectify such shortcomings in our services and prevent any shortfalls to the high standards we always uphold.

Likewise, your feedback regarding the Menu quality will be given utmost consideration, we are constantly aiming to enhance our products in order to meet the expectations of each of our unique guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Fujairah Rotana Resort and Spa, I hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting us again.
Please contact me for your future booking, as I will personally assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Once again the hospitality of Fujairah Rotana managed to create another perfect holiday for us! We are genuinely impressed by the unique style of customer service operated at this hotel, this is the only hotel that all management including the hotel manager work along with the whole team across the hotel; throughout the day; with all attempts towards pleasing the customers...all what seems to matter to them is to serve the guest to the full satisfaction.
Cosy & comfortable rooms, tastefully built pool and wide range of recreation facilities, most hospitable and friendly staff, great food...what else you would want from a holiday resort...that's why after staying there 8 times on holidays, we still call it A Perfect Holiday Resort!

Room Tip: We prefer the terrace rooms as they are close to the pool and beach, more convenient with kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your memorable experience here in Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am very glad to hear that you have chosen to visit us once again and that we have continually impressed you with our unique style of guest service. The compliments you have generously to me and to the whole team regarding our passionate and one of a kind service is well appreciated and serves as a source of inspiration for all of us to continually deliver the highest standards of service which Rotana is known for.

I am very pleased to learn that you and your family had a treasured time with us.
Once again, thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays and for recommending us to fellow travelers. We are eagerly looking forward to your next visit.

Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Such a wonderful getaway destination , very welcoming and exceptionally friendly staff .. fabulous location .. had just enjoyed every single moment in a place where you get to have everything you want .. had an amazing sea view of my room in the fourth floor .room was very comfortable and food quality was really excellent with a nice variety at the main restaurant as well as the pool and beach bars .. the executive chef and the reception managers were outstandingly helpful, I would definitely recommend this resort to any holiday maker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in our resort and that we have exceeded your expectations regarding our products,facilities and most especially our heartfelt services,
These warm words of compliments to the Executive Chef and to our Front office managers had been gladly shared and will definitely inspire all of us to ceaselessly provide the best service and ensure that each of our guest experience a truly treasured time while staying with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays and for recommending us to fellow travelers. I hope that this will be a series of your many more visits to us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, location, service and value for money. Very friendly, helpful staff and a great family environment. I highly recommend this hotel for a local weekend get away. As to the visitors I think they will enjoy it alot and the children will have alot of water activities.

• Stayed February 2013
FujairahRotana, General Manager at Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us together with your family and that we have exceeded your expectations regarding our products,facilities and most especially our services, I am proud to cite that the whole team always aspire to give you, our most valued guest the utmost hospitality experience while staying with us.

These warm words of compliments to our resort will definitely go a long way in inspiring us to ceaselessly provide the best service and ensure each of our guest a truly treasured time.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us as your place of retreat and for recommending us to travelers especially for families. I hope that this will be a series of your many more visits to us.

Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa

Been to Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach? Share your experiences!