If you are looking for an idyllic location to spend New year's eve this is it. The Hotel is a low rise development covering a wide are with frontage on to the Indian Ocean. Four Food outlets, bars, waterspouts. You name it then it has it. As a number of other reviews have said the staff are very attentive, friendly and greet you with a smile. We booked the Gala Dinner in the evening and it was first class. The food was laid out all around Waves Restaurant and catered for all tastes, Arabic, Italian, English Roasts, steaks and a wonderful sea food section including sushi. The Dessert Room was full of sweet delights and a good cheese selection. The Gala entertainment was superb great band, dancers and the local arabian male dancer was superb. tables were all laid out around the beautiful pool area, a New Year Eve delight
Rooms are better out on the wings in my opinion with larger more spacious area, balconies and a wonderful view out over the Indian ocean. Numbers starting 9000 in our opinion. My wife used the Zen Spa and said it was one of the best massage and facials she had ever had with again great staff.
Area's for Improvement!! Check in was a little disappointing as others have said we arrived at 3pm to be told our room was not ready. Staff at Sharkeys seem to have the "Indian Ocean Beach chill attitude" which caused slow service, the day we arrived the Sea was very Green coloured and quite smelly. Appreciate that this is not the Hotel's problem but it certainly puts you off going onto the beach.
Overall if you are looking for somewhere in the UAE to spend a couple of nights chilling I would recommend it.
One note the hotel was full and 90% of the guests were Russian so if you are hoping to establish new friends and acquaintances you will need to brush up on your Russian.
- Also Known As:
- Fujairah Rotana Resort And Spa - Al Aqah Beach
- Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach Hotel Fujairah
- Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach Hotel
- Fujairah Rotana Hotel
- Rotana Fujairah
- Rotana Resort
- Rotana Hotel Fujairah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa, three times awarded as the "Middle East Leading Family Resort" is a secluded retreat in a magnificent setting, where welcoming faces anticipate your every need. The colonial design of the 250 guest rooms and suites blends local architecture with a graceful palazzo-style estate, in a setting of spectacular rolling hills, and iridescent sculpture lakes. The resort reflects a warm, friendly and relaxed ambiance amidst glorious gardens, white sand beaches, luxurious Zen spa, sparkling pools and cascading waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.