“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Activities in Fujairah
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Al Boom Diving has PADI IDC Centres in Dubai in Atlantis The Palm; in Jumeriah 1; Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo and in the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa; in Fujairah at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort; and in Dibba Musandam. Daily diving with transport with our bus fleet, from Dubai to at all of our locations is available.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were here for a week this is our 3rd visit in 1 1/2 years.
My son did his emergency first response and his rescue diver course and it was an excellent course with very clear and friendly instruction from Ceri Henderson and there was never an issue if my son didn't get something straight away Ceri explained again. He was very happy and felt at ease at all times with the staff at al boom. My son also gets very cold in the water but they had a wetsuit which fitted him perfectly. They are very professional but at the same time also are very happy and kind and nothing was ever too much trouble. He also tried out some of the watersports too and they were also great.
At no time did i feel i couldn't leave my son to go diving with the staff. we will definitely be coming back again to such friendly people thanks to Ceri Henderson Bruce Henderson and all the staff at al boom for making our stay so great.

AlBoomDiver, Front Office Manager at Al Boom Diving, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear MrsLyd

Thank you for your kind comments. It was our pleaseure once again to have you back, and we look forward to your next visit.
One of our aims is to be the friendliest centre and its nice to know that we are getting there.

Safe and happy bubbles to your son - Sean, and to Terry.

Warm regards

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Can't find a better Training Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It has now been 5 years since I have done my dive training through Al Boom Diving in UAE. I started off doing my Open Water and quickly proceeded with Advanced, then Rescue. A year or so later I was ready to do my Dive Master training under the guidance of Francis Uy and Ryan Todd. I did all my dives with them in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fujeirah and Musandam. The lessons learnt, the guidance and way of training has been highly invaluable. I was blessed to dive with a Whale Shark, Dolphins and Manta Rays at Musandam.

I now live Australia, and have had the opportunity to dive with PADI operators all over the world, including Hawaii, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand and Australia.

Nothing compares to the level of service excellence and safety that I have seen and experienced with Al Boom Diving. I wish I could take them with me wherever I go.

you guys are the best by far! Keep up the great work!!

Visited March 2012
Dear Mr Steyn

Thank you for your kind comments - the personnel may have changed a lot since you were here, but we like to think that the same elements of safety and fun continue.

I will pass on your comments to Francis and Ryan - and thank you again for taking the time to review our centre.
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“Good, not great diving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently went diving with Al Boom in Fujaria. Overall, the experience had some highlights, and some lowlights. If I go back to Dubai, I'll look for diving in a different location and I'm not sure I'd go back to Al Boom (maybe, maybe not).

The good: (1) The communication pre-trip was all via email and despite the time difference (12 hours), was timely and helpful. (2) The dive leaders were clearly experienced and helpful on the boat and did a good job of pointing out interesting features while diving. I would not have seen so many of those things if he hadn't made the effort. That was VERY cool! (3) While the sandwiches were ok (not fabulous), they were filling and huge and quite convenient.

The not-so-good: (1) Although they make a very big deal about you being timely (ie, 15 mins late and we'll leave without you), my experience was that they picked me up quite early for my drive from Dubai and when we got to the dive shop, I then sat around for close to 2 HOURS before the dives. Apparently we had to wait for the 'discover scuba' folks to finish their training and there was another pair joining us that we waited for. Really annoying. At least warn me about it so I could bring a book and sit on the beach or something, folks. (2) Equipment was, shall we say, "well worn" and not clean...my wetsuit had holes in the knees and sand in the legs. Ugh. (3) The dive master was a nice guy but a few of us independently noted that safety *during* the dive didn't seem like a priority. It was difficult to get his attention under water (even though he and I were paired as buddies!) and he didn't seem to proactively check on individuals during the dive. (4) Other dive companies I've used have taken care of everything (isn't that what we pay for?), but in this case, we had to carry and clean our own gear. That probably explains why mine wasn't clean when I arrived, I guess.

In summary, some annoying aspects of the experience with Al Boom, but generally ok. The diving itself was good, not great. Some interesting wildlife (turtles, eels, puffer fish, dragon fish, etc) but visibility was rather limited (3m).

Dear Wandering_Malia

On behalf of Al Boom I must apologise for what appears to be a bad days diving in our Fujairah centre. Can you email bruce@alboomdiving.ae directly and he will investigate what went wrong on the day?
Certainly the normal practice is for the Discover Scuba Divers to do their training during the first dive and join the boat for the second dive. He will find out why this did not happen and look at what went wrong.

Im sorry things were not as good as you hoped for, Bruce will discuss the issues directly when he gets your email address.

In the meantime thank you for your comments, it shows that we still have work to do, and we will strive to ensure this sort of thing does not happen again.

Kind regards
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Dive Centre. Great Staff and Quality Equipment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dive manager Bruce Henderson and his wonderful wife Ceri were the most pleasant, yet professional dive managers to deal with. The rest of the staff were also very pleasant and professional. Special thanks to Tito, Erik, Ralph, Jemuel, the boat captain and the French guy!
The Dive Centre is organized and well run despite being so busy. The rental equipment is well maintained and quite new. Nitrox is available and Safety is priority #1.
My wife and I brought our own kit but discovered that our 3/2 mm suits were a little thin for January temperatures. Bruce and Ceri loaned us brand new, high quality 7mm suits to help make our dives more enjoyable. (3mm suits are sufficient but 5mm preferred). The 7mm suits were pure luxury! Bruce and Cery were helpful in so many other ways as well.
January visibility was not great but the dives were still interesting. Lot's of sea life including turtles, huge porcupine fish, blacktip reef sharks and too many lion fish. The Dhow trip to Musandam should not be missed! Whale sharks frequent the Lima Rock area and one was still resident there during our dive (even though their season had passed). The Dhow trip is a full day affair but both breakfast and a delicious lunch are provided onboard. This is probably the most comfortable and luxurious boat dive day we have ever done!
The speed boat dives sites are between 5 and 30 minutes boat rides from the Dive Centre.
If you plan on diving in the UAE,.... then Fujairah is the place and Al Boom Diving,.... your best Dive Centre.

Dear Brian
Many thanks for your kind words - and my apologies for not responding sooner.

It was great having you join us, and we do appreciate the kind words. We are working hard to create the friendliest centre, and your words confirm that we are going in the right direction. You picked one of the most severe times to come, with limited viz and cold temperatures, but I am so glad we were able to provide you with good equipment, safe dives and fun.

Take care of yourselves and thank you again for joining the Al Boom family of divers we strive to create.
Safe bubbles
Cairo, Egypt
9 attraction reviews
“Simply Brilliant Team, Dives and Training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Id had a few poor experiences with other dive companies but Ceri and Bruce and their team at Al Aqua branch of Al Boom Fujairah have turned me into a competent (I hope) and confident diver. I can't praise them highly enough! Their organisational skills must be pretty good as they have loads of clients wanting different dive sites - they have a reasonably large team to arrange and a number of boats but all of my visits have gone smoothly and efficiently. It looked like and admin nightmare to me but they just seem to effortlesly organise it all. Clients are well looked after and they certainly stick to their motto of "Dive safely but have fun" - the two are important in diving!

Both the training and the diving is excellent. Really couldn't recommend the Al Boom guys at Al Aqua enough!

Dear Ms Martyn

Many thanks for your kind words and your enthusiasm for Al Boom. I can remember the nervous lady in the centre but boy has this lady grown. We are proud to be part of this diving journey you are on and with ALL our guests, we aim to keep performing to the high standards you expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back for the next steps, and promise that the safety and fun will continue.

Safe bubbles