“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stumbled upon Gerda's Le Café whilst looking for the post office - boy were we glad we found it.

It is a cute little café serving ice creams, waffles, smoothies and other delights.

On our first trip we opted for a toastie to start and then Waffles, Ice Cream and Strawberries to follow. (Shared). The toastie was lovely however was pricey. Our waffle dish was AMAZING. Best waffles, strawbs and ice cream I have had!!

Our second trip we had a knickerbocker glory and another waffle - both were very tasty!!

The café is on the expensive side however it is a lovely treat and the food is high quality! The fruit is lovely and fresh and the service was very good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Only expect good service if your an adult!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Myself my husband and daughter used this cafe and enjoyed our waffle and ice cream. Owner was pleasent enough but didn't chat but service was fine. The next day my 16 year old son his girlfriend and my. eleven year old daughter went down for waffles..big mistake..they were ignored and eventually he asked for a menu and was given one amongst three..every other person at the cafe had one each. The owner took the order silently offering no help whatsoever and when my son asked for the bill again he was ignored. He wasn't impressed with the food either. Clearly they do not want young adults ( even polite well mannered ones ) in this cafe and thankful my son his girlfriend and my daughter were well treated in the other eating places they exiplored. Le cafe is nice but the owner should treat everyone the same not the exclusive few..we got to Dalyan every year but won't ever be back here!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“German ice cream cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I read another reviewer mention this place before I visited Dalyan and was determined to try it out. It was absolutely lovely. It's tucked away next to the PTT (post office), in a shady small courtyard. They serve lavazza coffee and a variety of decadent sundaes and refreshing ice creams. We tried a scoop of strawberry, a scoop of mixed berries and chocoholic sundae. The berry icecreams were sharp tangy and flavoursome. The sundae was a scoop of vanilla and chocolate icecreams in quality chocolate syrup and cream. It was delicious!

I went back for breakfast and ordered a spinach borek and was served with a delicate looking borek shaped like a cinnamon swirl. Very tasty and filling breakfast.

Visited June 2013