“Someone is going to be lucky” 5 of 5 stars

Mehtap Hotel Dalyan
Gulpinar Mah. 337 Sok. No:4, Dalyan 48840, Turkey   |
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Dalyan
wiltshire england
“Someone is going to be lucky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Starting in 1997, we have stayed more than 30 times at the Mehtap. Wonderfully situated a few minutes out of town, this superb family hotel is the perfect base for a memorable holiday.Over the years a lot of improvements have been undertaken by the owners Umit and Serap----Yes the rooms aren't huge but when it comes to cleanliness, unbelievable standards have been set and maintained. Sadly, because of failing health, we have just E-mailed Umit and cancelled our next holiday from 30 Aug to 23 Sept this year. The Mehtap is always full during this period with returning (delightful) guests; so if you are looking for somewhere special, get in quickly and book our room, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are cooler and very quiet. At the front, rooms have balconies overlooking the pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
istanbul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Based on great reviews in TA, I have called them to ask a room price. I wanted to stay in one room with my 11 and 6 years sons since my wife was not coming with us. I asked to stay in a room with a double bed but the owner (Serap) was insisting on we cannot stay 3 people in the room with a double bed. I said if the issue is charging for 3 people, tell me that way rather than deciding we can or cannot sleep 3 people in a room with double bed. She got pretty upset and start saying "This is my Hotel, this is my room, go and get in touch with other hotels if you don't like it". I was never rude and always kept my voice down. If she is getting out of control that easily when talking to a potential customer, I wonder how they would act in more difficult situations.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Thanks to the hospitality of Umit and Serap I had another great stay at the Mehtap.
This was my 7th visit to Mehtap and again found it Very relaxing, enjoyable days lazing by the pool which is exactly what I wanted.
Will be going back again.

Room Tip: Nice to overlook the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Mehtap based on a strong recommendation from our friends who have stayed there many times over the years, it did not disappoint.

We were slightly apprehensive as we had been to Turkey previously to Izmir and Istanbul and not enjoyed it so much, these thoughts were put to bed partly on arrival and most definitely on the first morning.

What a beautiful place Dalyan is, made even more impressive by Umit and Serap & co.

On arriving shortly before 23:00 we received a warm welcome from Umit, Serap and a gathering of Mehtap Veterans, a quick chat and a couple of drinks and then to bed.

The rooms are adequate and superbly clean. One think you just cannot fault is the cleanliness. The cleaning lady, an army of one, pretty much is there from 06:00 until sometimes 21:00, she is a credit to Mehtap Hotel amazing work, not just cleaning, she did gardening, waiting on, laundry and probably much more.

The rooms have excellent air conditioning, bringing great relief from the heat of the day. The bathroom is small but again adequate, showers are what I expect, temperature can differ when showering at peak times, not a problem though. We had a rear facing room, which was great as the sun was not beating down on it throughout the hottest period of the day, the view was of the garden and vegetable patch.

The bed was reasonably comfortable, a good night’s sleep had most nights.

The only thing with the rooms was a lack of storage space for two adults. We managed but could have done with a bigger wardrobe and few more drawers.

Apart from that the rooms were great for us and exactly what we expected, and beautifully decorated in a very Turkish style.

Breakfast had a good selection of cereals and fruit, with bread and butter, more than adequate start to the day, in addition to this, a surprise was brought to the table, usually a different type of egg dish, but we also had a Turkish sausage one morning.

The pool area was immaculate, one of the cleanest pools I have come across whilst on holiday, the odd bit of tree debris, but this was cleared and filtered regularly by Umit or Berum. There are plenty of beds enough for every resident of the hotel. The pool area is pretty much a sun trap sun throughout the day. Around 1300-1400 each day a breeze hits the pool which is delightful and offers some relief from the baking sun, it can get a bit wild though. Umit also has built a great covered terrace area which is like a sanctuary for the guests who do not worship the sun god, there are a few books and magazines left by previous guests, but I used it daily for a break from the blazing sun. A great bonus is you can get WIFI at the poolside as well. This is also available in the rooms, the signal is strong also.

Whilst we were there we were lucky to be able to go on two of Umit’s boat trips, both of which he and the family joined us on. The trips were fantastic, great company from the hotel, great staff on board the boat and a fantastic lunch whilst on board, considering the size of the kitchen and barbecue it fed 22 mouths. The stop offs were amazing each one having something special. The coastline that the boat takes is fantastic, so picturesque. The cost of the trip was 60 lira per person plus any drinks purchased on board. Very reasonable.

We did go on another boat trip, the 12 Islands Boat trip from Gocek, slightly more expensive at 100 Lira per person but still worth it, for seeing the fantastic scenery. The boat was the Lady Selya, a Majestic Sailing boat. We enjoyed a good hour at sea with only the wind to propel us forwards, which was fantastic and so peaceful. On the boat you will have the opportunity for additional water sports at one of the stop offs, we chose to do parasailing which set us back 180 Lira in total, which is dirt cheap compared to when we have done this previously. Definitely worthwhile but I have to say Umit’s boat trip is more enjoyable, for the company alone.

Lastly, a couple of recommendations for eating out, Adilan, Saki & Ramazaan Han, all three restaurants completely different in their own way. We were recommended all three of these restaurants and they did not disappoint.

There is not much more to say, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family, we would also return at some point. I can safely say that I have never come home from a holiday more relaxed and chilled out, than I did when I came home from Dalyan, that speaks volumes for the resort, Umit and Serap’s hospitality and the hotel itself. I cannot really put in to words how good Umit and Serap are as it would not give them any justice, they are just fantastic hosts. Go and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

What can I possibly say that I have not covered previously ?

Not a lot - Ümit & Serap are the perfect hosts and will try their utmost to ensure your holiday is the best possible from arranging boat trips to a barbecue evening most Sundays to enable guests to get to know each other.

Arriving you are greater as old friends and most return the same time year after year, ensuring you reacquaint with previous guests and on leaving, your departure is made memorable with both guests and Ümit, Serap & staff giving a warm departure.

Just short of 3 weeks stay this year & already cannot wait to return next year !

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

What a wonderful place! Dalyan itself is amazing and we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else on our frequent visits to the town. Spotlessly clean, lovely pool, and friendly and respectful approach to guests. The Mehtap is B and B but you can eat there at lunch and dinner at a reasonable price (Serap's cooking is a MUST to try!!!). I've just got back from The Mehtap for a break on my own, and am returning in September with my family.....thank you everyone, oh and Yurdanur, I forgot to leave you a "thank you" for always cleaning my room so beautifully! See you all in September!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the mountains and the pool are lovely, rooms at the back of the hotel are cooler
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Although my partner had stayed here before this was my first time in Dalyan and the Methap Hotel. Having been told what to expect I was not disappointed, we were made very welcome by Umit and Serap and settled into our room quickly. This is a family run hotel with 16 rooms and kept spotlessly clean. The owners, Umit and Serap, are always on hand to help with any queries and give advice as to where to eat and places to visit in the area. The pool is a good size and offers plenty of space for those who like the sun with loungers and umbrellas, there are also plenty of shaded spaces. Although there are a good variety of snacks served during the day for the evening meal I would recommend eating at one of the many restaurants in the town which is about a 5 min stroll away. Overall a great relaxing holiday, one which will be repeated in the not to distant future. If you are planning on going to Dalyan for a holiday I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mehtap Hotel Dalyan? Share your experiences!