“Good food, excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mexican, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As others have mentioned, this restaurant would be worth a visit simply for the setting. On the river front with views of the tombs it is certainly a nice place to sit and enjoy dinner.

The lavash bread, which waiters often described as "Turkish puffy bread" was not so good here as elsewhere - a little less substantial and sank quickly, it is only a starter though and if I remember correctly it was free of charge. We chose dishes off the Turkish menu, but there are other options - including Mexican dishes like fajitas. My companion had lamb in foil as a main course. It was served with the standard array of accompaniments. I had chicken in a sizzling dish. It was what it said it was, and tasty too. I would probably give the food a 7/10. I would give the location a 9/10. Service was very friendly, and overall no complaints.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Edinburg, TX
“Come for the View.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have had the opportunity to enjoy the best of home cooked and high quality restaurant prepared Turkish food over the past 30 years. This restaurant has a nice garden setting on the river with a view of the Tombs, but the food is just mediocre.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have just returned from our 5th visit to Dalyan and as usual we had a few meals at this lovely restaurant. The setting by the river is stunning and the rock tombs opposite are lit at night to add to the ambience. The owners take great pride in the appearance of the restaurant and you are surrounded by beautiful flowers. The menu had not chnaged very much from our last visit and they still offer an excellent choice. We stuck to the Turkish classics as we know they do these very well. Try the mixed pie plate to start and either the Ottoman or Testi (claypot) kebabs. I can't comment on the quality of the Mexican/ Indian food as I don't really want to eat food that I can get at home. The only slight niggle was that the price of the claypot is now quite expensive compared to other places at 40TL (£11 approx). Lovely fresh bread which is probably the best we have had in Dalyan. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Highcliffe, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed indeed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try out a beautiful riverside location in Dalyan and wanted to find somewhere who's menu wasn't too 'samey' as others.

We had a very terrible meal... Burritos which were literally chicken wraps and not tasty, a curry which was literally chicken soaked in curry powder and not once were we asked if our meal was ok!

The venue and setting was stunning but we'll be sticking with the white Lotus down the road, who's food does not disappoint!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Check the freshness of the seafood...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I would agree with the positive comments - we saw it from the river and location and service was all good so normally I would have rated good. I have to attribute a "Terrible" rating as two hrs after eating here my daughter and I had food poisoning and so our 4 hr flight home was interspersed with frequent trips to the plane toliets and stomach cramps. We had only some bread in the morning and a late lunch at Aktas so sure it was from there. We were a little daring with anchovys and shrimps for starter so maybe they were the culprits. I know it could happen in England too and the funny thing is we ate in all sorts of street side kebab shops all week with no ill affects. Not disagreeing that this is a nice place just wanted to warn fellow travellers that they should take a careful look at the "fresh" glass display cabinet selection as you walk in and maybe pass on the seafood as I am still not 100% and have now been home 4 days.

• Visited September 2012