“SPLENDID HOTEL IN SUPERB POSITION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dalyan Tezcan Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dalyan Tezcan Hotel to your Saves list
Dalyan Tezcan Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Maras Mah. Tezcan Sok. No:1, Dalyan 48840, Turkey   |
Ranked #18 of 58 Dalyan B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“SPLENDID HOTEL IN SUPERB POSITION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here, for the first time, in May, 2013. Initially we were in a room at the front of the hotel, overlooking the road; however, it was very noisy, so we asked to change, and the manager could not have been more helpful. We settled on a twin, overlooking the river, and it was superb. What a view!

We were on B&B, and we could not fault the breakfast - a typically Turkish one with cheeses, fruits, yoghurt etc. Pancakes and omelettes were also available at no extra cost.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

A lovely pool, but, as has been remarked elsewhere, with a very slippery surface, especially when wet. I suffered a fall when an unthinking guest dived into the pool and water gushed in front of me. Fortunately I was unhurt, but it is a pity that there was no supervision of the pool area; there are plenty of notices forbidding diving, but it would appear that not all the guests could read.

All told a splendid hotel, and one to which we would return. Five stars, were it not for the slippery pool area. This could easily be rectified with the addition of rubber matting; how about it Mr Tezcan?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Tezcan in June and can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have had .The staff were amazing couldn't do enough for us The room overlooking the river and the tombs was just perfect .Lovely pool and gardens with nice food from the bar at lunch time, Breakfast was continental ideal for us ( If you want an English breakfast there are plenty of cafes in the village) The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels and linen. We enjoyed it so much that we have booked for September and can't wait to see everyone again !!

Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Decided to stay at the Tezcan due to it's lovely location on the river and wasn't disappointed. It has the best position on the river and it's wonderful to watch the boats going to and fro during the day.The hotel is a basic 3* and some of the fixtures and fittings in the rooms are a little tired but they didn't detract from the many plus points of the hotel. The air conditioning was excellent - looked like new units and wasn't noisy and the bed was very comfortable.
Sinan, the manager is not only helpful and friendly but witty to boot and had me laughing from the start. The rest of the staff from the receptionist, housekeeping, grounds man, bar and restaurant staff are all friendly and helpful. The hotel does feel like one big happy family and is kept meticulously clean.
The reception, dining room, pool and grassed area are well kept and spotless and although the tiles around the pool can be slippery when wet it wasn't a problem if you were aware and careful. Likewise, I also thought the sunbeds were very good - clean and worked well. Had read that they were uncomfortable but they weren't a problem for me.
Breakfast was good with a selection of boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheese, cereals and dried fruits and there were omelettes and pancakes on alternate days. The fresh orange juice was well worth the extra cost and the coffee was one of the best brews I've had in that part of the world. I opted for Bed and Breakfast and ate out most nights which is a good option if you want a bit of variety but the food that I had in the hotel was good.
Dalyan itself is a lovely friendly town and feels very rural as it's not too built up. Mosquitos were around but not a big problem if you used insect repellent - but don't bother getting insect repellent in the UK before hand - get the local one from the supermarkets - works better and doesn't smell as bad!
I went everywhere in the water taxis which are good value for money as are most of the trips and I would highly recommend them but please don't do the feeding the turtles one. Wild turtles should not be fed on the surface of the water and if you get a chance visit the turtle sanctuary and you'll learn why.
The beach is amazing but can get crowded at both ends but if you want peace and quiet just walk for 10mins and then it's just you, the sand, sea and sky! The cafe's on the beach are not expensive and good and the beach beds and parasols are worth the 9TL.
Will definitely be back if I can!

Room Tip: If you can, opt for a river view room - second floor quieter if you can make the stairs as no lifts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from this lovely hotel. This was our third visit because of the exceptional
position of the hotel,right on the river overlooking the Lyceum Tombs. River view room is
a must. Staff very friendly and Evo and Mohhamid at the pool bar make your holiday in the evening very special with music and dancing every night it is worth coming back in the evening
after eating at one of the many restaurants along the river. Previous years pool bar was closed
early in the evening. Hotel is spotlessly clean and new manager very polite and approachable.
cant wait to return.

Room Tip: riverview rooms a must.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Recently returned from third stay at Tezcan Hotel and it is really like a second home. The hotel is adjacent to the river, so easy to hop onto a boat to the beach, the mud baths of a day trip out or, if you wish to wander around town, it is absolutely central, about ten steps and you're there, lovely walks along the river bank or simply chill out around the pool.

The staff really are the icing on the cake, chaming, polite, efficient and great fun. A special mention for Evo, Mohammed and Carlos - missing the boys already! Hoping to be back at the end of September.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from my first holiday in Dalyan. Think that this is the most beautiful place that i have ever visited. My stay in the Tezcan hotel was just so restful. We had a room with a river view (which is a must, as the rooms on the back would have made me cry to think at what I was missing out on). Waking every morning to see the mountains and the boats was like being in heaven. The Hotel was all we needed, my only criticism would be the breakfast which lacked a little imagination - but did not leave us hungry. The staff were very helpful and the two lovely guys at the bar Evo and Mo became real friends. I have never been so sad to leave a holiday and come home. I will return, if not to this hotel then deff to Dalyan.

Room Tip: A room on the front with a balcony will cost you quite a bit more, but well worth the extra
Newcastle, England.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our fourth time in Dalyan but our first at this hotel. The location is superb and it is a must to have a room over looking the river.
The staff were excellent and I could not single one person out as everyone of them were helpful and pleasant
Our room had everything you need and the girls cleaned it every day and we had clean towels daily. Our bed was changed three times a week. The Turkish breakfast was always fresh and you could have an omelette or pancake.
We did not eat here for lunch or dinner but I heard no complaints from the people who did.
I would like to thank all staff for contributing to a lovely holiday.
While we were there we fell In love with to little puppies who were always around the hotel grounds and I wish with all my heart that we could have brought them home, I hated leaving them behind, can I appeal to the staff to take care of them and keep a watchfull eye over them.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room facing the river is a must
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dalyan Tezcan Hotel? Share your experiences!