When I first looked at the photos it looked a bit too posh for my boyfriend and I, but then I read the reviews which mostly said the hotel was a bit frayed at the edges, and then I knew it would be perfect for us. Its true the hotel is worn out, and the toilet wobbled every time we sat on it, but we found this hilarious and all this just added to the charm of the hotel. If they do the hotel up, it will lose its charm and the prices will go up. I understand why some people weren't happy - don't quite know how the hotel managed to get a 4* rating, but then what do people expect to get for £18 each a night? For that price we stayed in a beautiful historic building in a perfect location, had a large room, a large bathroom and a view over the square onto the cathedral! What more do people want? If the room is a bit frayed, so what! As long as the room is clean. To sum up, if you are happy with a clean room, and like character and are happy with a simple life, then this hotel is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historical palace from XIV century; converted to a cozy, modern hotel maintaining its historical heritage in decoration/ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Palacio Valderrabanos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio Valderrabanos Avila
- Palacio Valderrabanos Hotel Avila