“Bad cooking bad attitude” 1 of 5 stars

920352042
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Restaurante La Bruja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 159 Restaurants in Avila
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cheshire
“Bad cooking bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The restaurant looks good and has both smoking and non smoking sections which is unusual for Spain. Unfortunately we weren't told this so ended up in the smoking section. The starter of tempura langoustines was good, the prawns fresh and nicely cooked although they were served on too much greenery.
However the main course was a disaster. My husband and I both ordered the duck to be cooked medium rare i.e. pink. When they arrived my husbands was fine but mine was charred black on one side, dried out and inedible. The charred side had been placed face down as if maybe I wouldn't notice. No staff were around to complain to but when our plates were collected I pointed out that the duck was black. The waiter agreed that this was "no good" but when the bill arrived we were charged for two duck.
I queried this and was told that 'it's in the system now'. I asked for it to be removed from the bill and insisted that I wouldn'y pay for it. Much arguing in Spanish took place, the waiter seemed ever more distressed, tried to offer us a bottle of Cava if I would just pay and finally said that it would be taken from his wages if I insisted. I don't know if this was the truth or just a ploy to get rid of us but either way it left a nasty taste. At no time would management speak to us.
There are plenty of other places to eat in Avila that won't try to rip you off. Don't eat here