“Friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Sighisoara
Holland
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

While I felt sick, I had to stay there in my room for almost a day. No noise ever penetrated my room.
It was clean as one might expect.
The little terrace outside was also frequented by young regulars, who went on and off, which was a bit noisy at times.
The bathroom and the bed were up to modern standards, but nothing fancy. So I rate it 4 stars.
The food and restaurant service were acceptable to very friendly, resp.

Stayed May 2007

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

On my way to Bulgaria I decided to visit and spend the night in Sighisoara. I send e-mails to few hotels. The prices were between 50 and 60 EURO per double room. Only one hotel was 30 EURO (breakfast included). It's name was REX. I booked 6 double rooms for me and my friends. They send me conformation by fax.

We arrived at 23:00. Evereything was prepared. They were waiting for us with the restaurant open. The hotel was clean and staff polite. We left our cars on guarded parking place. The area doesn't look nice (the hotel is between blocks) but the old town was not far than 15 minutes walking.

We ask them to prepare the breakfast earlier and they were rady at 7:00 with delicious breakfast.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2004

All in all wouldn't stay here again if I was in Sighisoara and not only because it is too far away from the old town. Sighisoara has probably one of the most beautiful old towns in Transylvania and this was too far away to really enjoy it. Find somewhere in the citadel but avoid here. Surrounded by 'apartment blocks' it was previously an old apartment block itself and has been renovated to a 'hotel'. I wouldn't walk around here at night on my own which was unusual as it was the only place in Romania I felt unsafe. The wait staff in the restaurant were indifferent to the point of rude. The rooms were small and reasonably comfortable but the bathroom not very impressive (luke warm water and could be cleaner). Noise from the corriders with a loud tour group didn't help either.

Been to Rex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rex

Address: 18 Dumbravei St, Sighisoara 3050, Romania
Location: Romania > Transylvania > Central Romania > Mures County > Sighisoara
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Sighisoara
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Rex, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.