“They treat you as their family” 4 of 5 stars

Auberge Dang Trung Hotel
Sapa, Vietnam   |
Ranked #9 of 38 hotels in Sapa
kl
“They treat you as their family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stay for 1 night. The hotel has a small garden which is designed by the owner, nice though it is small. All staffs from Auberge Dang Trung hotel are very friendly and caring. I washed my shoe after trekking fansipan mountain. They offered to dry my shoe when they saw my shoe is wet and borrow me slipper. They gave me socks when they saw I'm wearing slipper with barefoot. The room I stayed is room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed. Room is clean and quiet. However, the room wasn't warm enough even heater and electric blanket are provided. Bathroom is clean, but the lighting is not bright enough. Also, hot water supply is not sufficient. You may have to wait for the water to be heated up once you have used up the hot water. They allow me keep my luggage in the room and take bath after trekking even though I'm supposed to check out. The hotel is still under renovation. So, it may become better after sometimes. Overall, you may consider this hotel if you were solo traveler or travel with your partner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay 2 days 1 night. firstly we were satisfy and happy because all employee were nice and so helpful and the meal was delicious too. but later on, the guys name nguyen van manh ( as Director, according to his business card that gave to me. ph 0919737027) did sexual abuse to my wife.

first incident at jan 24th 2013 around 4pm, I was asking him about our next day schedule to make sure we can reach lao cai train station on time. I was forgot our train departure time so i left my wife at restaurant and went to our room to take the train voucher. I was more than 15 minutes in the room because couldn't find the voucher. Meanwhile my wife was sitting at the restaurant, Mr Nguyen Van Manh came after her, sitting very close to her and said that he loves her at the very first sight. she shocked and she said politely" you were not appropriate to say that, because I'm married women and I came here with my husband. you also have a beautiful wife with 2 daughters." he said, my wife is not good looking, you are so pretty.". then my wife said " if my husband know, he will mad on you". Mr Nguyen was just laughing. Then my wife stand up walking away from him and pretend to see the trekking option map on the wall just to avoid him.. when I came to the restaurant I saw my wife standing in front of the trekking option map, and said don't leave her alone anymore. cause this guy danger. I looked at to Mr Nguyen and he pretend so busy with his phone. we leave the restaurant immediately.. its the first one.
This detail story I got on the way to lao cai train station to go back to hanoi. My wife know that I will fight this guy if she tell spontaneously. For sure, I will punch him very hard no matter what the consequence is..

the second one...when we had dinner we met him again at the restaurant and he offered us to sit in front of fire place nicely, in the middle of our dinner suddenly without any words, he sat beside my wife and pretend to look after the fire by putting the wood. its really uncomfortable to me and my wife, then we stood up leaving the table immediately. And he acted like noting happen...

the last one, the next day at around 11am, we were passing the restaurant to go out for see sighting. (anyway restaurant and receptionist in the same room and we need to pass this are). my wife walking a step in front of me, suddenly Mr Nguyen hold my wife arm, smile and said wait a second and keep talking on the phone on the receptionist desk. I saw it clearly and with my reflex i hit his hand. He release my wife arm and say to me that there is someone from hanoi want to talk to me. He took his handphone from pocket, dial the number and when connected he gave it to me. and in a rush came after my wife who stand far away from our position, because she really angry to him. He acted nicely and pretend want to explain the picture that's painted on the wall where my wife stand. He was ignoring our dislike face and body language. Its really inappropriate behavior from Director of hotel.

It was the most terrible thing on our traveling experience so far..
So we recommend no body to stay there as long as Mr Nguyen Van Manh in charge at this hotel.I did complain to Hotel Green Diamond (the nice hotel we stay along our trip in hanoi, and they also arranged our trip to sapa), Ms Gam, staff of Green Diamond Hotel Hanoi, took action according to my complain and email us to inform the man who mad trouble with my wife was punished. ..hope so..

thanks
Freddie
Jakarta Indonesia

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed at Dang Trung auberge hotel three nights with my family-it is unfogettable time.Hotel reception is really kind.He make me feel that i'm at home.He invited us to join with family dinner with alots of delicious food.we had a chanced to tast some cup of apple wine cooked by his family,it was too strong for us but we loved it.Room is also nice and very clean.View is good.they have a beautiful garden in second floor with many kind of flowers.i wil come back in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Denham, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Although with good intentions, this hotel was mainly a chaotic scene for us. The scenery is nice, and so are the fires in the rooms, but it just missed the details. There was little warm water, the bathtub water couldnt float away, we had to pay extra for breakfast, although it ought to be included. Not too bad, bot due to the service not so good either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed one night here before Christmas. Arrived early from the train and were served a delicious breakfast of pho while we waited for our room which was ready by 8:30!
The hotel is set back from the main road so quiet, but right in the heart of the action.

Room was very cosy with a great bed and an incredible fireplace. The staff built and lit a fire for us on demand which was perfect.

The Manager was one of the friendliest people I have met in Vietnam (not in an intrusive way) and knew exactly what we needed at all times. Arranged the bus back to Lao Cai for us and motorbike taxis to take us out to Tai Phin village which were waiting right in front of the hotel for us after breakfast. They stored our luggage after check out as well.

This will be my go to hotel in the future. For the price, this is an outstanding place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having pitched up in Sapa without a booking, we stayed one night at the Queen hotel. As it was freezing cold, loud on the road and the staff were weird we looked else where. Read the reviews about the Auberge Dang Trung and stayed there for 2 nights, safe to say I doubt there is a better place for the price range in Sapa. Not a fancy hotel, you get what you pay for, but the managers concern for your happiness is beyond what is expected. We stayed in the cheapest room, tasty breakfast included, it was warm (fire wasnt required despite the cold outside and the managers offer of wood) and clean, and the bathroom was nice. The communal reception area is nice as well, with a cosy fire to warm up round. For a similar price, it was worlds a part from what we had at the Queen. Despite reviews on here, we had no issues with wifi, warm water, all worked fine.

However what made this hotel was one particular instance. Whilst waiting for the night bus back to Hanoi, I had left my phone charging in reception. 30 minutes down the road on the bus I realised. After contacting the hotel, the manager offered to chase down the bus on his moped and give it to me. He drove for an hour an half in the driving rain to catch the bus to deliver my phone to me! Customer service and friendliness often makes or breaks hotel stays and I can honestly say from my experience theirs is first class. I have never written a Trip Adviser review before, but this place deserves the credit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sâpa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We highly recommend this hotel : very clean , very good service, friendly staff, good food, trustful people, beautiful garden,etc. and in the middle of the city ! The city is really a nice place to spend several days to visit yhe tribal villages, meet the locals, eat exotic foods, buy real souvenirs, and just to relax from the stress of big cities and many more reasons ! We love to be back in Sapa and to explore more this beautiful place and to stay again in this lovely hotel !

Room Tip: great view of the mountains and rice paddies and the local villages