“6 stars no less!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thac Bac Street | Sapa Town, Sapa 19000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Sapa
“6 stars no less!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

You arrive in this Shangri La place in the mountains after a day (or night) trip, and you realise that this is the best place you've been to in Vietnam.
Dong, the manager is without doubt the most hardworking and effective manager we came across during our entire trip (10 weeks). Absolutely nothing is too much for her to organise.
We had dinner here 3 nights and were never dissapointed. One night later than usual, we ordered and 5 minutes later the chef arrived to cook, another 5 minutes and the ingredients arrived.
What you get is something of a lottery, but hey, that was part of the fun, and it was always great food
Breakfast on the patio, with the surrounding mountain views, and you don't want to leave.
We (the family) were totally knocked out by everything here.
Just absolutely FANTASTIC!
Try to be here on the week end for the Bac Ha H'Mong market on Sundays

Room Tip: Balcony, or mountain view is a knock out
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Maleny Qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We really want to put up the extra star and we're sure they will be getting plenty in the future. Lovely new building, stylish with plenty of local craftwork used. We checked into a large room on the side but asked to change to a smaller room with balcony at the front for the view. Very clean and nice bathroom. Reception staff have good English and are very helpful. Food ranged from good to great but you may have difficulties in the restaurant. The menu is laid out in an unusual way and the lovely young staff have limited English. We didn't always get what we asked for and if this is a problem you can overcome it by ordering through the reception staff. An example was fried pork turned up as crumbed chicken. Our big problem was that like other places in Vietnam, if they run out of ingredients for cocktails they will substitute. But there are good places in the town for a pre dinner drink. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The larger room is spacious but has limited views and no balcony. The front has stunning views and a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The view from the hotel, especially a balcony, is the best! Like you're sitting in the top of the mountain..can't miss it!
And all the staff is very helpful and Ms.Name, the manager, is super nice and make the stay even better.. Super recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fantastic staff, views out of this world...peace and harmony, great place just to get away from it all. Freshest air I have ever smelt. Went on a few interesting (easy) treks and met the local Hmong tribesand bought souvenirs at really good prices. Staff are interesting, they will sit and talk to you and the MD makes you feel really welcome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The World
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My experience with Sapa and the Hmong Sapa Hotel is probably not typical. I stayed there for SIX WEEKS and I'm very glad that I did. It was a great experience.

When I first landed in Sapa, I was scheduled to spend two nights at another hotel in the center of town, but when I checked in I found this other hotel to be old, crusty and not very clean. I wasn't sure what I was going to do and went on a walk around town, and fortunately ran into the Hmong Sapa hotel.

I met Zoom and Name (yes her name is 'Name') who are the managers of the property and they showed me around and showed me a room that ended up being my home for the next six weeks. The other staff is also friendly and helpful and they (eventually) learned things like how I like my breakfast and how they should leave my room alone when I didn't want it cleaned - although it took a bit of insistence on my part. Zoom and Name also arranged for me to have things like a motorbike or train rides when i eventually went back to Hanoi.

I was there during Tet (Chinese New Year) which is a big holiday in Vietnam. The owner of the hotel wanted to celebrate, so she rented a van and took a group of us staying at the hotel into a local village for the festival. Super fun day and so nice of her to be that welcoming to her guests.

The hotel has an amazing view of the valley and when the weather is clear, which when I was there was kind of rare, the vista from the deck or even from my own room was so breathtaking. I just loved it. Unfortunately with Sapa, the weather during that time of the year could change in ten minutes and then I had a great view of grey fog.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the park/center of town, but for me it was so worth it for the view and to be at an accommodating hotel that was new and clean rather than what seems to be the norm of crusty and dirty. This hotel was also very quiet and to me that is a great feature.

I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Make sure the wifi works in your room before you settle in. The walls are thick and some of the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on the 13th April for 2 nights and really enjoyed our time.. The staff is very helpful and friendly and we enjoyed our chat with them. We also took our evening meal in their restaurant and definitely recommend he hot pot! The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. The radiator and electic blanket were most welcomed in the evening. The views from our room were amazing. It is within easy walking distance to the centre.. Very happy to recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to H'Mong Sapa Hotel? Share your experiences!