“The best choice for Sapa” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   03, Hoang Dieu Road, Sapa, Vietnam   |
Ranked #3 of 53 Sapa B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monchengladbach, Germany
“The best choice for Sapa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Centrally located (300mt from the market) and very nice and helpful staff. We arrived early in the morning after the night train from Hanoi, like everybody in Sapa, but the girl at the reception let us use the toilet of the room anyway: very nice of her! Rooms are big and clean, but don't expect the amazing view from the window. Breakfast is ok but probably someone will need more food..
The first day the girl gave us a map of the city and she explained very well where to go to get the best from Sapa and the villages around. The day after we rented a scooter from the hotel and once again she fully explained where to go for the best views of the rice terraces. She was incredibly and kind! In the end we were completely satisfied of the service.

I don't give 5/5 because I didn't like the shuttle serivice the offer to Lao Cai and back: the fact that it is unexpensive (3USD for 1hour ride) doesn't mean that they can fill up a bus for 10 people with 18 and drive like crazy down to the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sapa, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great location, very nice family rooms. Spatious and well decorated with folded towels everyday.
The trips you can order from the hotel are quite expensive.

• Stayed May 2012
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was a good hotel for the price but after an over night train from Hanoi and trekking in the rain all we wanted was a shower. We aren't normally the type of travelers to worry about this type of detail for just 2-3 nights but given what we were doing a good shower was really vital. It literally dropped out. Other hotels of the same price didn't have this issue so particuarly if your staying in winter I would opt for somewhere else. Also the "shower available on the last day before the overnight train" is over the toilet so opt for a $7 red doa bath in town instead.

• Stayed April 2012
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We arrived at Sapa Elegance Hotel around 6:30am by overnight train from Hanoi and it was misty and slightly cold. The hotel is located right in the middle of town, across from the Sapa church. Everything is within walking distance. The hotel was fully booked when we arrived so we couldn’t check in that early. But the receptionist let us use their lobby bathroom to freshen up and held our bags while we checked out the town.

A room was ready for us by 11am. The hotel opened about a year ago and so their rooms and facilities are one of the cleanest and modern looking in all of Vietnam. The décor is colorful and charming and each room comes with a balcony that overlooks Sapa. The beds are extremely comfortable, the comforters are thick, the sheets are high quality and the bathrooms have a walk-in glass shower! Towels were arranged in different animal designs on the bed and they give you plenty of towels. The breakfast was simple, but it was free and filling. You can choose one food item (pho, pancakes or eggs with a baguette) and one drink. Everything tasted great.

If you want to do laundry, you can ask the hotel or you can wash your own clothes and hang them up to dry on the roof. The hotel has clothes lines, hangars and clips. It gets sunny and hot in Sapa around 11am, temperatures reach about 85 degrees.

Service at the hotel was superb. The receptionist was very knowledgable. She recommended places to see and rented us a motorbike for $8 a day. We were able to cover the entire city in a day with the motorbike.

After we checked out, they held our luggage for the day while we checked out the town. They let us come back and shower prior to leaving Sapa to connect to our overnight train back to Hanoi. The hotel helped arrange a minibus to take us back to Lao Cai train station for $3 per person.

This is a wonderful place to stay, you really get a lot for the price that you pay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Sapa Elegance Hotel is located a bit apart from the bustle of the town" centre", but is still only a few minutes walk away from all the nice restaurants. We stayed with my boyfriend for four nights and had a lovely room with one of the nicest toilets I've seen in Asia. They actually have a walk-in shower! The room got a bit cold everytime we went away, but we had a heater, which was great. The breakfast was okay: you can choose from the menu, one drink and one food. We arrived there by the night train from Hanoi (like pretty much everybody) and it pouring down rain. We were wet and hadn't really slept. It was only 7am when we got to the hotel and we're told that our room wasn't ready, because there was someone else staying there and the check-out time was at 11am. We got some warm tea and pho bo and got to our room after 9am. Really liked the hotel, the room was cleaned every day, Only problem was that the one time we stayed out later than 10pm, the doors were locked and it was all dark. We woke up the poor guy, who was sleeping on the floor of the lobby, waiting to open the door for us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at Elegance as part of my Sapa tour, so I'm unable to tell you the cost per night, but there were some definite pluses: bathrooms was the best so far in Vietnam, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. The view from the room was also stunning.

And now the not so awesome things: when I first arrived I asked straight away if they had an international wall charger. They did, but they didn't know where it was - they were going to let me know as soon as they found it. I asked a further 3 times that day and they still didn't know where is was. The next morning I came down and asked about it again and was told they had found it and given it to another guest already. I asked the time, and was told 10 to 9. I told the girl I'd just go pack my bag and come down for breakfast. At 9:05 I received a phone call to the room, where girl shouted at me down the phone that breakfast finished at 9 (I had not been told this) and I needed to come down NOW. I was really upset by this call and when I did come down I told them I would have had breakfast first if I'd been told that at the time. And then it was suddenly 'no problem' to still serve me breakfast - I was simply frustrated by the reception staff.

Also, if your guide invites you out to socialise with his friends during the night, which is a lot of fun, I suggest you get home before midnight to avoid the 'curfew' and also to avoid being chased up the street by the local dog. No one seemed to care much about this either...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel twice now, for extended periods, and everything has been ideal. The staff is friendly and helpful, but unobtrusive. The rooms are very well designed. The location is just up the hill from the landmark church and market area. They can arrange anything you need in tours and such, but they never push anything. They're mid-range in price, so I'm sure bargain shoppers can find a slightly cheaper rate, but this is reasonable and secure. Highest recommendation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sapa Elegance Hotel? Share your experiences!