“Fantastic guide, great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Outdoor Activities in Sapa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sapa Sisters is a website that connects expats, backpackers and travellers with local Hmong and Dao guides in the Sapa-area. It aims to establish a direct link between guides and people that are about to visit Sapa to empower the young Black H'Mong women and give them a reasonable pay for their skilled services. All the guides speaks English and have long experiences working as guides.
“Fantastic guide, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW via mobile

Brought my parents to Sapa for a short trek - I've been before almost 10 years ago. Although things have changed, our amazing guide Lang provided us with a really great experience. She was charming and hilarious and incredibly knowledgeable on every aspect of local life.
Thanks Lang!

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015 NEW

We recently completed a wonderful trek with 'Sapa Sisters'. Our guide was a local Black Hmong girl called Cho. She was great company, funny and informative and one of our most delightful memories from a great trip. The homestay she selected was great, so much delicious food. Her husband and baby came by in the evening for a visit, much to the delight of out two daughters. Despite the many other tourists doing these 2-3 day treks, you still get an incredibly authentic look at life for these ethnic minorities in the highlands. Our guide informed us that 'Sapa Sisters' is one of the better groups to work for, paying the girls well, so we were very happy we chose 'Sapa Sisters' to trek with.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Best time in Vietnam and I had an amazing tour guide Lan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Sapa Sisters has given me by far the best experience in Sapa! Had Lan from Sapa Sisters picking me up in the morning when I arrived at the Lao Cai station. Lan speaks good english and has a great sense of humour and that was what make the whole trip so memorable! She took me to the Tuesday Market of the Day at Coc Ly Market and that was a fun experience, especially seeing the buffalo market. The hiking was also great where she consulted with me before the hike if I would prefer more of a easy to medium hike or a more difficult hike. Lan also helped me with the sellers trying to sell the souvenir with declining them using the Hmong language. Home stayed was fabulous with Tam as she is a really great cook and I reckon it was one of the best home cooked meal I have had in Vietnam! I also visited Lan's village and family and had lunch at her family house. Definitely one of the fun moment as I also got to meet a few of her family members who are also part of the Sapa Sisters e.g. Mao and Pen. I had a great time in Sapa and also with the Sapa Sisters and would definitely recommend anyone who wanted a more specialised and private experience to get in touch with the Sapa Sister!

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Three days of wonder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

I spent three days with my guide, the wonderful Chi, exploring the hills and valleys around Sapa. Although falling a little ill on the trek it was one of a few favourite tours I went on and a great antidote to the bustling city of Hanoi. What attracted me to this company was that the guides are paid fairly for their work. I visited Chi's home and stayed at different homestays each evening. I highly recommend trekking with Sapa Sisters.

3 attraction reviews
“Very Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

We had a very lovely three days of trekking with Little Chi. If you want to get away from the crowds and take the back trails, this is perfect. Particularly recommended is the walk above her village which is quiet and isolated. Everyone we met seemed to be one of her cousins, or some relative by marriage. A real sense of community and real life!

Visited March 2015