“"Good destination..."” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 54 Sapa B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“"Good destination..."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Following the recommendation of my close friends, I spent my 3-day vocation with my true love at the Royal View Hotel located at 34 Cau May Street, Sapa, Vietnam last month. What impresses me most is the hospitality of the team working at this hotel. All of them turn out to be so friendly, open and very professional, especially the Manager. In addition, the services here also make the hotel get another star. A giant mist mountainous view can be seen through the clear window of my room. And another point impossible not to mention when talking about this hotel is the reasonable price which make us very happy and comfortable. If I have chance to come back Sapa again, Royal View Hotel shall be my top priority....of course.

Room Tip: Room 405 on the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have visited Sapa for two times and Royal View Hotel is always my choice. One my friend recommended this hotel to me when I worked for a film production. At that time, We were charged of working as local producer for a film crew from Uk. We had nearly one week to shoot in Sapa. My client required to have a really good hotel because our film crew had a very wellknown host. As a film production crew, we were bring a lot of expensive equipments and working schedule was so tight. So, we need a safe hotel with with clean and big rooms, convenient location to pick up crew, equipments and choose restaurants. And Royal View is one perfect choice. All film crew's members were very happy with services here.

It's the reason why I continued choosing Royal View when I came back Sapa after 2 years for a holiday with my family few days ago. Of course, I was not disappointed . Everything is still wonderful as my first stay. Friendly and helpful staff, good price, nice breakfast, quite space.....Although I have experienced too many hotels because of my work's features, not all can bring me the warmth as Royal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The location of the hotel was great- everything is easily within walking distance. The staff service was also okay (but had better throughout our stay in Vietnam). It really was just the room that disappointed us. The bathroom smelled terrible- I think it was coming from the shower/bath drain. Everything just seemed old and damp and not maintained very well at all. On the flip side though the room size was very large and spacious which was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, big rooms, hot shower (we had a curtain), we had a bath tub but no stopper and I was very disappointed. Electricity cut off when we were here and staff sorted it in 20 mins. I'd stay here again, great place to base yourself in sapa. Breakfast was okay

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff were good, friendly and honest. The hotel is located in the middle of town, close to all restaurants and the markets. The room was good, and had a HUGE balcony, although I think this is the only room that has one this size. The view from the balcony was spectacular, overlooking the hills. The food in the hotel was okay, each night we were offered a set course, which we could change if we wanted. Overall, this place was a good place to stay at night while trekking around Sapa during the day.

Room Tip: I think room 303 is the one we stayed in. It has the largest balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a wonderful time here, the hotel is modern, clean and the rooms are designed with convenience and comfort in mind. The staff were wonderful to us, very helpful in telling us where to go and what restaurant's to eat at, there were always staff available to help with any queries, even when they were quite busy. This hotel is in the perfect location, right on the center of everything: market, church, restaurants, bars, etc.... The view is great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hanoi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location of the room is right in the middle of Sapa, can't complaint location wise. The room itself was big with no design. When I stay in a hotel, the most concern for me is the bathroom and what a disappointment. There were only toothbrushes and 2 big bath towels as amenities, the bath tub with shower however no curtains and the wall built in shampoo and shower gels were far from the bath tub, the hotel just want you to fall out of the bath tub and have an accident.

The worse thing was the staff, we rented a bike and we parked the bike at the hotel to went for a nap, when we came down, the receptionist was leaving work on her bike and she was talk to some old guy, this old guys was holding one of our rented helmets, he looked at us when we exited the hotel and as we were coming close to the bike, he then started to put the helmet down, had we been 2 minutes later, the helmet would've been gone and the receptionist would have not said anything and would not be responsible for witnessing such crime!

Room Tip: Choose high floor so you can see the mountain view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal View Hotel? Share your experiences!