“Friendliest service in Sapa” 4 of 5 stars

Casablanca Hotel
026 - Dong loi, Sapa 84, Vietnam   |
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Sapa
Acton, Massachusetts
“Friendliest service in Sapa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at four different hotels during our nine day stay in Sapa and the friendly service award certainly goes to the staff at Casablanca Hotel. We stayed at Casablanca Hotel only two nights before moving on to something a little cheaper, but the friendly staff continued to engage with us as we ran into eachother in town. The two main clerks speak fantastic English and were ready to assist us in any way they could. When we planned to leave Sapa early in the AM by minibus, they insisted on waking up early to prepare us a farewell breakfast.
Breakfast, included in the room charge, includes options of pho, pancake varieties, or assorted egg options with baguette.
Rooms were very clean. Beds are on the firmer side. Upper floors have a beautiful view. Rooms include electric blankets for cold nights.

Room Tip: Upper floors with views are a bit pricier, lower floors lack views but are up to US$5 cheaper.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mr. Tom is undoubtedly the friendliest man in the world. We arrived early from the night train and were offered free breakfast, early check-in (7.00am) and an invitation to dinner with his extended family, which was a wonderful evening. The staff could not have been more helpful, and Eddie, who accompanied us on our treks to the villages, was a mine of information with excellent English. The rooms are simple but clean and the food delicious. We felt like part of the family, and it is the only hotel where I have hugged the staff on departure. A truly magical experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view and a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed one night here but arrived early (7am) and left late, due to the overnight trains from Hanoi. On arrival, the guy running the show told he considered us friends more than customers. It sounded really corny but sure enough, he offered us a complimentary breakfast while we waited for our room (breakfast is included, but not on the morning of check in) and had us in our room by around 8:30am. We were on the top floor and the views of the surrounding mountains were breathtaking. The bathroom was a low-light and from memory the bed was a bit uncomfortable, but in this price-range that is nit-picking a little bit.

The manager went out of his way to offer us showers on the afternoon of check out, before our train back to Hanoi. This is the perfect spot for a self-serve 3-night/2-day trip to Sapa. Look around if you're staying for longer, but this place is alright. Will probably stay here again next time in Sapa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but I cannot say enough good things about Mr. Tom and his tour crew. We were recommended him after frustrating experiences trying to arrange things other places. I wish I could take him on the rest of my trip through Vietnam.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel from feedback on this site. Very welcoming staff eager to provide good service to travelers, only had two nights arriving from overnight train. My requests for early check in and pick up from station were not passed on by Agoda so in future email direct is the way to go. Mr Tom is doing a renovation of the hotel but had time to offer breakfast on arrival and room was soon ready. All the young staff were friendly and keen to assist and chat, received invite to nearby karaoke bar with them which was different. Room spacious and clean with great view and small balcony, not up to Hanoi standards but this is a small hill town not a city so I had no complaints. Tours organized with ease and Tim provided excellent trip. Next time I will stay longer and trek.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I actually didn´t stay in the hostel but i booked my busticket there because they were so nice helping me finding the way during the day. i was amazed by the people. they really cared about their guests. after booking my ticket they asked to join them and a group of guests in a bar closeby. the next morning they picked me up in time from my hotel to wait for the bus at their place. as soon as i entered i got a hot tea and they even offered me a free breakfast whilst waiting for the bus. i can not say much about the rooms but i guess they´re nice as well. next time i´m going to sapa i will definately stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Probably the most hospitable hotel I have ever stayed at, Mr Tom and his staff are fantastic! I had a large double room with a spectacular view. And the free breakfast is great too, I highly reccommend this hotel if you are visiting Sapa

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Casablanca Hotel? Share your experiences!