“Stunning views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Sapa
Hanoi
“Stunning views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Overall this hotel was great. The staff are very welcoming and efficient.
The rooms are spacious, with nice big beds and a balcony with amazing views of the valley below and the mountains in the distance. Good value for money; included a nice breakfast and some of the finest views around.

Room Tip: one with valley views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

After arriving in Sapa in the wee hours of the morning after a horrendous trip on the overnight train it was a welcome relief to be able to sit down and enjoy the view whilst partaking in a delicous breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable & clean. The Hotel Spa & massage was excellent and reasonably priced as was all the other hotel amenties.

Room Tip: Rooms near the main road can be noisy, rooms on the valleyside with views more expensive but if clou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'll start with few positive things: rooms facing the valley are with great views, provided that no fog is exist .... The rooms themselves are spacious and cozy with two bottles of drinking water which are supplied.

Negative things here, unfortunately, are far more significant, in my opinion, because they are concerning the lack of understanding of the place of a good and efficient service, and beyond that, the town of Sapa is rich in hotels where you can find spacious rooms with great views.

Disordering: I came across a complete mess when it comes to booking a room. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was told to sit aside and wait, and every time I was approached by a different receptionist, who provided other information about availability of hotel rooms. Having already booked a room for two nights and settled, I was told later that the room available on the second day is not sure yet. If I knew about it before, I would look for another hotel immediately.

Reliability: On the second day, a few minutes before taking an organized trip in the area, I was offered to go to another room in a different building across the street, using the excuse that it is the same hotel, which later turned out as completely lie. I was offered a new room which was located on the seventh level, and luckily, that moment was a power cut in the village, so I conceded the privilege to climb seven floors ...

"Modesty": Breakfast was from a set menu. It was modest and consisted of two fried eggs, two slices of bread, half a croissant, two thin slices of tomato and cucumber, some butter and jam and cup of hot drink. No more, no less.

Rudeness: This hotel, as many other hotels in Vietnam, likes to draw your passport. I avoid leaving the original passport to save future potential troubles, and instead, I leave a copy, with a request to return it to me (for the next hotel) when checking-out. Usually it is accepted and I don't find any problems, also since I'm willing to pay in advance. I did the same this time, but when I checked-out and asked for the photo I left, it turned out that it is not found. After the receptionist looked for it in the trash can and didn't found it there, she came up with an excuse that photos are not saved. Since this is only a copy, I decided to move on (insisting would not have helped anyway), but I found it appropriate to comment that, courtesy, to the person in charge. To my surprise, he raised his voice, and aggressively and very impatiently invited me to contact the local police. I decided instead to contact Trip Advisor....

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having arrived on the night train and feeling very jaded, we were ushered to our top floor room. Amazing views, with every request dealt with quickly and efficiently. We loved every moment of staying there and would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Top floor all the way...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amersfoort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The rooms on the hillside have a beautiful view on the valley (if there is no mist). Nicely decorated. No airco but there are mosquito-nets above the beds. The staff is very helpful. Great breakfast: choice of four possible combinations (which could also be mixed on request).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel only 1 night, but this was nevertheless plenty of time for us to be treated awfully.

We arrived off fthe night train about 8am and were told our room would not be available until noon. Having gone for a morning walk, we returned to be informed our room would now not be ready until 2pm. When we asked for a reason, the reception staff became very defensive, even aggressive about us even daring to ask questions. Their English is very poor, and they made absolutely no effort to make us feel welcomed after a long trip - we were given no suggestions at all on what to visit in Sapa, and the only advice given (in a slightly threatening tone) was that Sapa was dangerous for theft and we should watch our belongings. This hardly puts you at ease when you first arrive at a new destination!

When we chose to sit on front terrace for 5 mins, we were duly asked to move so that they could hose down the floor. When I enquired into the free bicycles advertised, I was informed it was only a single bike, and it was broken!

The rooms are generally OK, reasonably clean but the walls are paper thin. We were in room 403 and I could not only hear individual conversations from the neighbouring rooms, but all the diners downstairs and the coffee making machine well into the night.

Believe me, if you are taking the night train, the last thing you need when you get to Sapa is rude, unsympathetic staff. There are so many good alternatives in Sapa - I cannot advise strongly enough to avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Klang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very good hotel with warm staff greeting you enthusiastically at check-in, large comfortable rooms and toilets. The winning point is they have probably the best balcony views in Sapa overlooking the valley and the hills beyond. We had our whiskies here one memorable cool evening.
But there are areas which it loses its position. Firstly, the food served in its restaurant is just average and rather pricey! Secondly, the maintenance and cleanliness is below par. There were cockroaches on our cups in the room, even early in the night! And the carpet is not well fixed, tripping us several times. These are things that can easily be improved upon if the management chooses to get its hotel to the Top ranks.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Valley facing balconies, otherwise the balcony faces the main road!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Boutique Sapa Hotel? Share your experiences!