“Best Thing We've Done in Vietnam!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Chau Doc
More attraction details
Owner description: My name Ms San, I am a native Vietnamese women and was born and raised in Chau Doc, Vietnam. I have lived all my life wandering around the Mekong Delta Region and love to show people visiting my country the majestic landscapes, diversity in our people and culture and of course, our wonderful cuisines. My company offers professional service and is accompanied by extensive experience in tour guide operations. Therefore, if you wish to visit the Delta region and require any knowledge and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Thing We've Done in Vietnam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived in Chau Doc from Cambodia without booking or planning anything. Little did we know that we were about to meet the most amazing lady we've ever met while traveling. Ms San is the nicest, most helpful and truly caring person you could ask for. We ended up adding an extra night in Chau Doc just to hang out more, and we had so much FUN! She turned this little town in the Mekong into our best time in Vietnam.

In our time there, we went up Sam Mountain for a sunset, took a boat to the Cham villages, went to the bird sanctuary and spent some time helping local children. In her spare time, Ms San has children come to her office and she helps them learn english. One of the travellers who was also helping had a bad stomach (probably from street stall food or something) and Ms San took care of her all night. The next day she checked on her five times and brought her food. You can tell that she LOVES her job and truly cares.

So if you take two things from this review, make sure it's these:
1) You will have so much fun with this genuine, amazing lady
2) Go to Chau Doc and book through Mekong Chau Doc Travel!

Note that this is the same company as Chau Doc Mekong Tours.

Visited July 2014

New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Ms San our friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Well what can we say. We arrived in our hotel room in Chau Doc about 9.30 pm, thinking, what shall we do tomorrow. We only had one day. I found San on this website and sent her an email asking for advise. Her reply was instant. She arranged to meet us in the lobby in 1/2 an hour. There we planed the next day. San took us to a fish farm, a Cham village, river pole-house and an excursion to the national park by motorbike to view the nesting storks. A fantastic day! We didn't want to say goodbye so she organised for us to meet her socially that evening and we did Karaoke. FUN!
Thank you friend for an excellent day to remember for ever. Chau Doc should not be missed.
To contact San directly, this is her email sanhuynhhappy@yahoo.com

Visited June 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“Mekong Delta tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you want to speak to someone with real good english, about the things to see in the Mekong Delta Area. Stop by Mekong Chau Doc Travel, Ms San grew up in the Chau Doc area of the Mekong. She speaks real good english and went way out of her way to help me see the real Vietnam. My time spent in this little town of Chau Doc was the high light of my three weeks in Vietnam. Ms San spent time with me to explain what I was looking at, and the history behind it.
When I asked a question, she was right there to help me understand what I was looking at. Over the years I have been on many tours. But the time I spent with Ms San and her showing me around was one of the best. I wish her all the best and look forward to coming back to Chau Doc one day soon.

Visited June 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A BIG AMZING TOUR US HAS SEEN.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Me and my girl friend looking for tour around Chau Doc, we saw this office ,the staffs here are friendly and good speaking English, they arranged the tour and guide like professional, its a big amazing in Chau Doc, if you come to Chau Doc should do the tour with them. High recommend to travelers in the world.

Visited May 2014
Reading
“Best Mekong Delta trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Amazing tour!! San organised an amazing day for me and my friend Becca in Vietnam. She took us all around the Mekong Delta which is absolutely beautiful, can't recommend it enough. She took all our photos for us and her English is brilliant. She then went completely the extra mile and arranged a birthday night for my friend. She introduced us to her English students and brought a cake which was DELICIOUS. She then took us to karaoke which was so much fun. A true Vietnamese experience. We love her!

Charlie and Becca UK