“Total Relaxation in Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desa Seni, A Village Resort

You added Desa Seni, A Village Resort to your Saves list
Desa Seni, A Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kayu Putih #13, Pantai Berawa, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canggu
Bali, Indonesia
“Total Relaxation in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here and were highly impressed with the staff - friendly, knowledgeable and polite. The gardens - which are stunning - with vegetable gardens scattered amongst the property - 80% of the food you eat there is grown organically on site.

Its a fantastic offering of relaxation, yoga and a spa that delivers Chinese medicine and all the usual ways to chill out. In the busy and intense South Bali this is an oasis of beauty and calm.

You are staying in traditional old Javanese houses that have a modern touch, with every detail thought of.

Don't miss out.

Room Tip: All rooms are in a good location
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you back again sometime in the future. Terima Kasih from all our smiling staff!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The worst part about Desa Seni was leaving. Everything about the village supported feelings of gratitude and tranquility. The yoga classes were fantastic with a broad range of techniques and levels. The accommodation was divine housing all the residents in traditional Javanese Joglas with exquisite indonesian decor and comfy beds. The food was so fresh and delicious with a diverse choice of Balinese and western foods. The massages were extremely good and a great way to recover from daily yoga practice, all the therapists were highly skilled and generous with their treatments. The staff were vibrant and helpful and their smiles were infectious. The pool was heavenly. I highly recommend the 7 day "Package" which includes all the daily yoga classes one 90min massage and one 45min reflexology treatment, 3x3 course lunches and 3x3 course dinners, an 8 hr day trip of your choice and collection from the airport. How do you fit it all in? Miraculously you can and still maintain a sense of calm.
A big THANKYOU to everyone there who made my holiday the most relaxing, rejuvenating experience I have had in a very long time. I came home feeling twice the person I was when I left and so far I am managing to keep the essence of Desa Seni alive in my heart. Namaste

Room Tip: They're all beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. You have made the staff smile even bigger. We are thrilled you enjoyed the yoga and all the other aspects of Desa Seni. We look forward to welcoming you back again !!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Where do I start? Desa Seni is incredible, unique, a once in a lifetime experience that we never wanted to end.
We felt virtuous and healthy: eating the organic food 80% grown on site and nurtured lovingly by the staff; taking daily yoga and meditation classes in the beautiful pagoda; mind blowing Balinese massages at the Spa; healthy but tasty wholesome food with a huge menu and delightful service - no Bali Bely here! and the Resort really gives back to the community - teaching orphans, women in prison, educating locals about the environment and pollution and much more.
At the same time it is totally decadent and we felt so lucky and spoilt by the wonderful staff and just being able to experience the amazingly beautiful surroundings. It's as if an Artist designed the Village and thought about every detail - a private nook here, a day bed there; every angle and exquisite view; daily fresh flowers lovingly placed around the grounds, on the steps to you villa; plants named and tended constantly; gorgeous lanterns and parasols at every step. Its like a cross between Wonderland, a hobbit village, an art installation, garden exhibit and eco yoga holiday resort!
I'd go back every quarter if could. It would be a wonderful gift for someone. They even do weddings. You leave feeling energised, rested, positive and your mind & body expanded.
Priceless.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart Team Desa Seni. Suksma.

Room Tip: All the Villas are divine with their own character. Some are tucked away, others by the Pool. All...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Wow- what a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write - your feedback and acknowledgment means so much to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back at any time and again we thank you as your appreciation makes all that we do worthwhile! Suksuma and Thank you again!!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here in April,it really was a very beautiful resort, so peaceful and lovely. I love to do yoga so I practise every morning and it was a very good class. The food was very good and they are growing organic vegetables in the garden, I love to see this! The room was very nice and beds very comfortable. The pool area is very nice, I can spend hours relaxing here or take some massage which is very excellent. I love most the garden and flowers and nature, it is very peaceful and I'm so happy I book it! Overall a really great place and the good value for money with a friendly staff too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the post! We are so grateful when people take the time to let us know. the staff so appreciate it! The smiles on everyones face, the confidence of good work, the pride in what they are doing, unmeasurable. Thank you and till next crossing! Matur Suksema!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stopped by this place for lunch. It's absolutely beautiful - gorgeous sparkling pool surrounded by cute thatch roofed treehouses and colorful huts. Hibiscus, marigolds, and violets everywhere. Feels super serene. The yoga pavilions are lovely too. The food however, leaves little to be desired. Had the chicken soup and the polenta fries. Both lacked flavor. The stomach soother smoothie was ok, but there are tastier smoothies in Bali. I think this would be a great place to stay for a yoga retreat, but if you are looking for easy access to the beach, should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to come and visit and letting us know about your experience. This feedback is instrumental to us in order to know where we can improve. I will look into the Polenta Fries and the Soto Ayam (chicken Soup) and discuss and re train the kitchen on these dishes are they are favorites on the menu. My apologies! Again, thank you as with this we can strive to do better. Terima kasih atas informasinya!!
Nelson Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I don't review everywhere I stay but I reviewed this property after my first stay in November 2013 because I was so impressed & couldn't fault it in any way. I went so far as to say I was so impressed I would return in May 2014. I did & again I have to say it was well worth the re visit. I loved the house Shiwa (last time it was Toer), the food is exceptional, the staff are so good at their jobs that the owner Tom must be very proud of them all & happy that they uphold his vision for such a peaceful sanctuary. If you want yoga this is the place, so many classes, choices & wonderful teachers.. I have to recommend the Spa & all treatments offered, the staff are amazing & highly qualified. Dr Thomas Sladek , a medical doctor specialising in acupuncture is there to provide wonderful treatments, I can especially recommend his acupuncture treatments as I've had several & they have helped me...... especially with my back. So the best way I could recommend Desa Seni.......I've just rebooked to return in November!

Room Tip: All houses are unique. I personally like closer to pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
So nice to have you back home!!! Through the years as friends come and go, we grow, mature and enjoy the days when we meet again. Such a joy to see friendly, happy, faces come back and share a vision that is not possible with all of you! See you in November!! Terima Kasih Banyak!!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Desa Seni is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed and every moment of my experience there was pure perfection. While I was there, I thought to myself, how am I ever going to describe how wonderful my experience was to my friends and family back home? And I told them that there was not one element that could of been changed to make my experience more perfect. Absolutely everything was pure paradise and perfection. Every sense was satisfied, down to the feeling of the perfect grass under my feet.

My stay was pure paradise and relaxation but I think the best part, apart from the beauty, yoga classes, blissful spa and delicious, gourmet organic food, was the people that work for Desa Seni. Always with the biggest, warmest, most genuine smiles. The staff know your name and take care of your every need.

One of the best was a waiter named Yoga. His smile was so big and so bright. Yoga provided exemplary customer service at every moment. Not only did he make sure we were very well taken care of, but he became a friend - someone interesting and warm to talk to. I think Yoga represents everything that is wonderful about Desa Seni.

I left Desa Seni totally inspired and humbled by it's beauty but mostly by it's people. A huge thank you also to Ihrham, Gede, Citra, and Yudi. Thank you also to the amazing staff working as security in the parking lot.

I can't wait to return one day, and to share this beautiful place with my family and friends.

Room Tip: Every room is heaven on earth. You can't go wrong no matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
So appreciative of the time and effort to write and let us know. It takes a village to raise a child!!! We look forward to your return, smiles are contagious!! Gratitude!! Appreciation, go such
a long way!! Matur Suksema!

Been to Desa Seni, A Village Resort? Share your experiences!