“So good I returned......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desa Seni, A Village Resort

You added Desa Seni, A Village Resort to your Saves list
Desa Seni, A Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kayu Putih #13, Pantai Berawa, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canggu
Nelson Bay, Australia
“So good I returned......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I don't review everywhere I stay but I reviewed this property after my first stay in November 2013 because I was so impressed & couldn't fault it in any way. I went so far as to say I was so impressed I would return in May 2014. I did & again I have to say it was well worth the re visit. I loved the house Shiwa (last time it was Toer), the food is exceptional, the staff are so good at their jobs that the owner Tom must be very proud of them all & happy that they uphold his vision for such a peaceful sanctuary. If you want yoga this is the place, so many classes, choices & wonderful teachers.. I have to recommend the Spa & all treatments offered, the staff are amazing & highly qualified. Dr Thomas Sladek , a medical doctor specialising in acupuncture is there to provide wonderful treatments, I can especially recommend his acupuncture treatments as I've had several & they have helped me...... especially with my back. So the best way I could recommend Desa Seni.......I've just rebooked to return in November!

Room Tip: All houses are unique. I personally like closer to pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
So nice to have you back home!!! Through the years as friends come and go, we grow, mature and enjoy the days when we meet again. Such a joy to see friendly, happy, faces come back and share a vision that is not possible with all of you! See you in November!! Terima Kasih Banyak!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Desa Seni is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed and every moment of my experience there was pure perfection. While I was there, I thought to myself, how am I ever going to describe how wonderful my experience was to my friends and family back home? And I told them that there was not one element that could of been changed to make my experience more perfect. Absolutely everything was pure paradise and perfection. Every sense was satisfied, down to the feeling of the perfect grass under my feet.

My stay was pure paradise and relaxation but I think the best part, apart from the beauty, yoga classes, blissful spa and delicious, gourmet organic food, was the people that work for Desa Seni. Always with the biggest, warmest, most genuine smiles. The staff know your name and take care of your every need.

One of the best was a waiter named Yoga. His smile was so big and so bright. Yoga provided exemplary customer service at every moment. Not only did he make sure we were very well taken care of, but he became a friend - someone interesting and warm to talk to. I think Yoga represents everything that is wonderful about Desa Seni.

I left Desa Seni totally inspired and humbled by it's beauty but mostly by it's people. A huge thank you also to Ihrham, Gede, Citra, and Yudi. Thank you also to the amazing staff working as security in the parking lot.

I can't wait to return one day, and to share this beautiful place with my family and friends.

Room Tip: Every room is heaven on earth. You can't go wrong no matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
So appreciative of the time and effort to write and let us know. It takes a village to raise a child!!! We look forward to your return, smiles are contagious!! Gratitude!! Appreciation, go such
a long way!! Matur Suksema!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed for a retreat with Emma and Gabor from Yoga Flame. This place is an oasis. The pool is so relaxing and beautiful. The rooms are lovely. I will be back next year to do it all again. The food is sensational! The fried spinach leaf is crunchy and delicious. The spa is heavenly!!!

• Stayed May 2014
It is such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for the time, the smiles you put on the staff's faces! Such a pleasure having you be a part of our vision. See you soon! Terima Kasih! One of the many reasons to wake up every day!!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for almost an entire month while doing a Yoga Teacher's Training course. My experience was above and beyond all my expectations every single day! From delicious organic meals prepared by extraordinary chefs, warm and caring service from the waiters (Yoga, Gede, Irham... All of you!!!), the extraordinary spa (Muli is exceptional), the very special acupuncturist Dr. Thomas Sladek, to the amazing yoga rooms and comfortable and unique accommodation... it is truly a little heaven on earth! I will come back for sure and I recommend this place to everyone.
Thank you for making my experience memorable,
Joannie

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Bliss Having Blissology teacher training here! What a great bunch! Thank you for the review, the staff are brimming! Ah, what a great way to start a Sunday! Till the next one! Sampai Jumpa!!
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for one month doing my yoga teacher training and way amazed by the waiters working there. They all learned mine and 40 other peoples names in only a few days. One of the best servers was Yoga, he always had a big smile and helped with anything we needed. I would go back another 100 times just to visit the amazing staff!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! The time! the love! The energy! So great to share vision and passion with others who have similar ones! Thank you and till your next visit, training, adventure! Terima Kasih Banyak!
Genf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at desa seni five years ago, and still today, after many travels across the globe, it is the most beautiful resort i have ever seen. This time, it sadly was fully booked, but i came to their high-quality yoga classes every day. Desa seni remained what it was during my first stay: heaven on earth. The minute you step onto their grounds, utter peace and serenity settles over you. It has to do with their limitless love for beauty, incredible attention to detail, genuine warmth of the staff, the organic vegetables growing in the gardens, the lovely energy radiating out from the outdoor yoga shala, their sense of community... And with something else that is impossible to explain. In a nutshell: if you have the chance to stay at desa seni, do not hesitate one second!

• Stayed May 2014
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
It was great having you come back and visit! Sorry about being full, as a boutique wellness center, please contact us early to get a booking. Nothing more gratifying to when the community we have built comes back and back and back! So nice seeing you, till the next coming!! Terima kasih!!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed at Desa Seni for three days in May of 2014. We loved Desa Seni for its beauty, comfort, service and sense of place.
Everything about Desa Seni is well thought out from the set up of the pool, yoga studios, wellness centre and restaurant to the free bicycles and "amenities" box in each room (flashlight, all natural insect repellant, postcards and ginger candies). The grounds are beautiful and well set up. One of the best things about our stay was the staff. They are helpful, friendly and genuinely cheerful in that easy Balinese way. They really seemed to enjoy working with tourists.

We stayed in one of the smaller cabins, although it was larger than most hotel rooms and had a huge bathroom. The room had all the things you need to chill out (excellent bed, good wifi, nice furniture, A/C) and none of the things you do not need (no flat screen tv). The food was excellent and included a number of balinese dishes as well as dishes prepared from greens and vegetables grown in the village itself. I do not practice Yoga so instead I got the deep tissue balinese massage which was intense but helped my lower back.

Desa Seni gives back to its community by hosting events to raise money for local charities and by offering internships to help train disadvantaged Balinese youth. They also practice what they preach in trying to reduce their environmental impact by growing alot of their own food not using any plastics and teaching others about these practices.

I highly recommend Desa Seni to anyone who is looking for that difficult find combination of comfort and service with a connection to the place it is located in. I know it is a resort for westerners but with the cabins and staff and setting you at least feel like you are in Bali and not in a resort that could be anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: try the Balinese breakfast, rent bikes to go to the beach, find out from staff your Balinese name (B...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Wow, if only you could see the smiles on all the staff, yoga teachers and myself. How nice it is to know that when you follow your passion and others join, the ride is wonderful. Thank you for your contribution, your dedication and we await you till next time. Much gratitude, Matur Suksema!!

Been to Desa Seni, A Village Resort? Share your experiences!