“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desa Seni, A Village Resort

Save Saved
You added Desa Seni, A Village Resort to your Saves list
Desa Seni, A Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kayu Putih #13, Pantai Berawa, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Announcement
Teacher Training Oct 2014
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Canggu
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Desa Seni is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed and every moment of my experience there was pure perfection. While I was there, I thought to myself, how am I ever going to describe how wonderful my experience was to my friends and family back home? And I told them that there was not one element that could of been changed to make my experience more perfect. Absolutely everything was pure paradise and perfection. Every sense was satisfied, down to the feeling of the perfect grass under my feet.

My stay was pure paradise and relaxation but I think the best part, apart from the beauty, yoga classes, blissful spa and delicious, gourmet organic food, was the people that work for Desa Seni. Always with the biggest, warmest, most genuine smiles. The staff know your name and take care of your every need.

One of the best was a waiter named Yoga. His smile was so big and so bright. Yoga provided exemplary customer service at every moment. Not only did he make sure we were very well taken care of, but he became a friend - someone interesting and warm to talk to. I think Yoga represents everything that is wonderful about Desa Seni.

I left Desa Seni totally inspired and humbled by it's beauty but mostly by it's people. A huge thank you also to Ihrham, Gede, Citra, and Yudi. Thank you also to the amazing staff working as security in the parking lot.

I can't wait to return one day, and to share this beautiful place with my family and friends.

Room Tip: Every room is heaven on earth. You can't go wrong no matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
So appreciative of the time and effort to write and let us know. It takes a village to raise a child!!! We look forward to your return, smiles are contagious!! Gratitude!! Appreciation, go such
a long way!! Matur Suksema!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed for a retreat with Emma and Gabor from Yoga Flame. This place is an oasis. The pool is so relaxing and beautiful. The rooms are lovely. I will be back next year to do it all again. The food is sensational! The fried spinach leaf is crunchy and delicious. The spa is heavenly!!!

• Stayed May 2014
It is such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for the time, the smiles you put on the staff's faces! Such a pleasure having you be a part of our vision. See you soon! Terima Kasih! One of the many reasons to wake up every day!!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for almost an entire month while doing a Yoga Teacher's Training course. My experience was above and beyond all my expectations every single day! From delicious organic meals prepared by extraordinary chefs, warm and caring service from the waiters (Yoga, Gede, Irham... All of you!!!), the extraordinary spa (Muli is exceptional), the very special acupuncturist Dr. Thomas Sladek, to the amazing yoga rooms and comfortable and unique accommodation... it is truly a little heaven on earth! I will come back for sure and I recommend this place to everyone.
Thank you for making my experience memorable,
Joannie

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Bliss Having Blissology teacher training here! What a great bunch! Thank you for the review, the staff are brimming! Ah, what a great way to start a Sunday! Till the next one! Sampai Jumpa!!
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for one month doing my yoga teacher training and way amazed by the waiters working there. They all learned mine and 40 other peoples names in only a few days. One of the best servers was Yoga, he always had a big smile and helped with anything we needed. I would go back another 100 times just to visit the amazing staff!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! The time! the love! The energy! So great to share vision and passion with others who have similar ones! Thank you and till your next visit, training, adventure! Terima Kasih Banyak!
Genf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed at desa seni five years ago, and still today, after many travels across the globe, it is the most beautiful resort i have ever seen. This time, it sadly was fully booked, but i came to their high-quality yoga classes every day. Desa seni remained what it was during my first stay: heaven on earth. The minute you step onto their grounds, utter peace and serenity settles over you. It has to do with their limitless love for beauty, incredible attention to detail, genuine warmth of the staff, the organic vegetables growing in the gardens, the lovely energy radiating out from the outdoor yoga shala, their sense of community... And with something else that is impossible to explain. In a nutshell: if you have the chance to stay at desa seni, do not hesitate one second!

• Stayed May 2014
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
It was great having you come back and visit! Sorry about being full, as a boutique wellness center, please contact us early to get a booking. Nothing more gratifying to when the community we have built comes back and back and back! So nice seeing you, till the next coming!! Terima kasih!!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed at Desa Seni for three days in May of 2014. We loved Desa Seni for its beauty, comfort, service and sense of place.
Everything about Desa Seni is well thought out from the set up of the pool, yoga studios, wellness centre and restaurant to the free bicycles and "amenities" box in each room (flashlight, all natural insect repellant, postcards and ginger candies). The grounds are beautiful and well set up. One of the best things about our stay was the staff. They are helpful, friendly and genuinely cheerful in that easy Balinese way. They really seemed to enjoy working with tourists.

We stayed in one of the smaller cabins, although it was larger than most hotel rooms and had a huge bathroom. The room had all the things you need to chill out (excellent bed, good wifi, nice furniture, A/C) and none of the things you do not need (no flat screen tv). The food was excellent and included a number of balinese dishes as well as dishes prepared from greens and vegetables grown in the village itself. I do not practice Yoga so instead I got the deep tissue balinese massage which was intense but helped my lower back.

Desa Seni gives back to its community by hosting events to raise money for local charities and by offering internships to help train disadvantaged Balinese youth. They also practice what they preach in trying to reduce their environmental impact by growing alot of their own food not using any plastics and teaching others about these practices.

I highly recommend Desa Seni to anyone who is looking for that difficult find combination of comfort and service with a connection to the place it is located in. I know it is a resort for westerners but with the cabins and staff and setting you at least feel like you are in Bali and not in a resort that could be anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: try the Balinese breakfast, rent bikes to go to the beach, find out from staff your Balinese name (B...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Wow, if only you could see the smiles on all the staff, yoga teachers and myself. How nice it is to know that when you follow your passion and others join, the ride is wonderful. Thank you for your contribution, your dedication and we await you till next time. Much gratitude, Matur Suksema!!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We decided to stay at Desa Seni as part of our last two days before leaving Bali. We have travelled around Bali for three weeks and stayed at very good places. However, Desa Seni is one of the best places we have stayed in. We have travelled to many places and Desa Seni gets my stamp approval due to their organic way of serving guest. I was treated as if I was family member, staff knew my name and always made an effort to ask me about my day, the food which is grown on the resort and is organic was delicious and the room was tastefully decorated and arranged. The most fantastic thing for me was to do unlimited Yoga as a guest of the resort. I have been practicing Yoga for almost 2 years due to back injuries. I had the best Yoga classes at Desa Seni so far.

I recommend anyone staying in Bali to experience staying at Desa Seni and trying the Yoga classes as they are fantastic. Thank you Desa Seni for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Terima kasih Banyak! So exciting to know that a village can create an experience so wonderful. It is great to have people come and contribute to the experience of others! Thank you for taking the time to write! Nothing more pleasing to all to know we have made a difference. See you again!

Been to Desa Seni, A Village Resort? Share your experiences!