“Absolutely amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desa Seni, A Village Resort

Save Saved
You added Desa Seni, A Village Resort to your Saves list
Desa Seni, A Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Kayu Putih #13, Pantai Berawa, Canggu, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Announcement
Teacher Training Oct 2014
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Canggu
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I just spent a week at Desa Seni doing their Revitalising the Soul package. It included accommodation in an amazing deluxe cabin, yoga/mediation twice per day, meals, massages and acupuncture.

I couldn't recommend Desa Seni highly enough. The staff are incredibly friendly and always wanting to help. The resort is a beautiful Eco village with all their food organically grown in veggie patches on the grounds. The food is amazing, fresh and healthy. They have a great range of yoga classes and set outdoors so you are surrounded by nature.

The location is great and only a shirt can ride in to Seminyak for when you want to visit the shops or the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Your time is very much appreciated - thank you for the great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you back sometime soon. Terima Kasih Banyak!!

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the extraordinary opportunity a while back to participate with a small group of enthusiastic and like minded people in one of the Mensana Yoga retreats that are held annually at the beautiful Desa Seni village resort.
The retreat was organised and lead by Manuela Herreros director of yoga at Desa Seni and clinical psychologist Susanna Zito who together took us on a fascinating 7 day journey of self discovery by way of daily meditation and yoga sessions and open group therapy discourse.
This all took place in the seclusion of the Desa Seni Trimurti Studio set against a backdrop of exquisite tropical gardens radiating a peaceful energy idyllic to such an insightful undertaking.

Having this adventure as a group was a remarkable opportunity to experience the timeless traditions of yoga combined with modern day clinical psychology.
Together we were shown the way the two paths can lead us to a deeper understanding of the negative thoughts and emotions that constantly arise within us and the way this hands on practical retreat could help us develop the necessary strategies to overcome those negativities and truly enhance the quality of our daily lives.

Included in the course was the Balinese Cleansing Ceremony by way of introduction to the group on the first day of arrival, individual Psychotherapy Sessions with Susanna and the choice of therapeutic body massage or reflexology treatments at the resort's Merapu Svaasthya Wellness centre.
Healthy organic meals were also provided with much of the produce grown from the very gardens
we were working in.
Although I was not personally staying overnight at Desa Seni (though others in the group were) I had full use of the resort facilities and was able to relax by the salt water pool and enjoy the healthy organic meals in between breaks from our retreat activities.
The happy smiling staff were incredibly attentive and aware at all times what was going on within the retreat which helped to make the whole event run like a dream.

I came away from this illuminating experience with a deeper understanding of how we can break away from habitual patterns of thought and start to benefit by enjoying a more enlightened and happy approach to life.
The rest of the group felt pretty much the same way and I'm confident that for anyone looking to do something positive for themselves, this retreat is a MUST.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a well-read, thoughtful and appreciative review - it is very much appreciated! The yearly Mensana Retreat has been a great success and working with Manuela continues to be an absolute joy. We are so thrilled to have her continuing support and enthusiasm which build community and brings others into the fold, with warmth, heart and integrity. The 2013 Mensana Retreat will be coming up this October, commencing on the 4th.
Thank you again and Terima Kasih banyak!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was yet another wonderful retreat for me and my bf. This is my second visit and I'm pleased to say this place never disappoints and is like a second home to me. It has left on me a great impression about Bali as I always experience the true balinese living. I don't think I will give other villas in Bali a try anytime soon.

The only sad thing was we left our souvenir purchases in the shop and only realised the missing baggage at the airport. It wasn't their fault to account for our absent-mindedness but we would have been greatly impressed if they could deliver them to us at the airport if there was sufficient time before our take off.

Thank you Desa Seni and crew for the hospitality! I hope to come back again soon. Those who are new, I highly recommend and promise that you will not regret.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We really appreciate your time in writing a review, thank you. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and apologise for not being able to get your souvenirs to you at the airport. By the time we realised that they were left, there was insufficient time before your flight to get them to you. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for five days, best hotel my family have been to in ages! My Dad is close friends with the owner; Howie, so we were treated like kings and queens. Food was devine, the rooms were SO cool and plus there were many treats such as fruit in the afternoon and the dogs Desa and Seni are just so cute! A seven star I say! So Howie if your reading this, the Verebes' want to say that your hotel is just AMAZING!

• Stayed January 2013
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for such a glowing and unbiased review!! It was a pleasure having you all and great to see here. Thank you for taking the time to post and please come back any time. Terima Kasih banyak!!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter and I recently spent a week at Desa Seni. Our aim was to experience some yoga, eat good healthy food and just relax and chill out. We could not have chosen a better place! The yoga was challenging, the food sublime and the environment quiet and peaceful. The staff made us feel like we were a part of the Desa Seni family. Every time we arrived back at the resort after an outing we were greeted with a "Welcome Home" from all the staff. We really did feel completely 'at home'. I can't wait to return and would recommend this resort to anyone. Thank you Desa Seni for our wonderful holiday.
Di Mattingley

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thanks again for all your kind words.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

During my first trip to Bali I popped into Desa Seni upon the recommendation of friends and instantly fell in love with this blissed out resort upon the first bang of the gong to announce my arrival (I later discovered they do this for everyone but it makes you feel super special regardless!). Back in Bali again in July for more yoga I had made sure to factor in a few nights in Desa Seni and I must say it even topped the yoga barn and all the cute cafes in Ubud! I absolutely adored every aspect of my stay from the beautiful yoga teachers, healthy nutritious food, beautiful and quirky cabins each with a story to tell, uber friendly staff (who feel like friends after a day!), salt water pool, lush gift shop, extensive DVD collection for midnight movies...I could ramble on. I dearly hope to be lucky enough to return some day for another little taste of heaven.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We are thrilled that you loved being at Desa Seni. Thank you for taking the time to post a review - it really is very much appreciated. We look forward to having you back for another stay anytime in the future. Terima Kasih banyak!!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have been doing yoga at Desa Seni for several weeks. The classes and teachers are great and the studio is the best I've ever seen. I had lots of recommendations for the Yoga Barn in Ubud, but after spending time at both I would always choose Desa Seni and Canggu.

Location is perfect. Just up minutes north of Seminyak and minutes from Canggu beaches, but the property is an oasis. Gorgeous landscaping and architecture make it a tranquil place to lie by the pool, practice yoga, and enjoy the amazing restaurant. The restaurant has fantastic food and is VERY reasonably priced - you can enjoy and amazing breakfast, lunch or dinner for $6-13 - this is about what it costs at any non-local restaurant in the Seminyak area, but the food and setting at Desa Seni surpass all nearby competition. The hotel and restaurant staff are very attentive and kind, adding to the amazing atmosphere.

I haven't yet stayed as an overnight guest at the hotel, but the rooms look gorgeous and I'm looking forward to staying there in the future. Unlimited yoga and fitness classes and breakfast are included in the price of the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Your time is much appreciated- thank you for posting a review. We are so thrilled to read your thoughts on the yoga and restaurant and thank you deeply for all your support. We look forward to welcoming you as a guest anytime in the future. Terima Kasih banyak!!

Been to Desa Seni, A Village Resort? Share your experiences!