If you get a good deal on the room price, Legong can be great value. Beachfront location is unbeatable, surf break right in front, the rooms are nice, clean and spacious (even the basic ones have a balcony where you can see the ocean) with good a/c, pool is decent, the area is generally quiet. Beds are on the hard side of firm, though.
If you have a scooter (necessary to get anywhere locally in Bali, and you can rent at reception), there are really great restaurants and cafes in the Berawa and Batu Bolong neighborhoods, only a few minutes away. Walking the beach takes you to Petitenget in 15 mins south, or Echo Beach in 15 mins north.
On the downside, the hotel food is mediocre. The breakfast buffet is okay, a better spread than the very limited options other places I stayed, but lunch/dinner plus coffee/drinks options are poor.
What really pulls this place down is the service. The supervisor in reception, Made, is very helpful and gets things done, but the rest of the oversized staff is useless even by Bali standards. Sure, you get friendly smiles but largely, they just stand around inattentively, nobody is in charge, and they screwed up even basic orders.
Generally, this hotel is not quite big enough to offer resort accommodation and yet too big to offer charm. I stayed here for ten nights and still felt like the place was impersonal. But if you're here for surfing and beachfront holiday, Legong may be hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legong Keraton Beach Hotel offers beach front tranquility with a Balinese ambiance. It boasts an outdoor pool, spa and a beachfront restaurant and bar.FACILITIES: With a children’s pool and babysitting facilities young visitors are well catered for. For adults a large pool and massage service provide an opportunity to relax after trawling the streets of north Kuta. An on call Doctor and laundry are amongst the services offered. Traditional Balinese massages and herbal treatments are on offer at Pasir the Spa. The hotel also offers bike rental, tour bookings and childcare services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Legong Keraton Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legong Keraton Beach Canggu
- Legong Keraton Beach Hotel Bali/Canggu